freesat query

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the doctor

Part P Doctor ™
Reaction score
hi

i have a humax freesat box and can now see BBC hd on my hd telly, BUT that is the only hd channel i have. is this right or do i have to do something else? is there more hd to come?

best wishes

alan

hii have a humax freesat box and can now see BBC hd on my hd telly, BUT that is the only hd channel i have. is this right or do i have to do something else? is there more hd to come?

best wishes

alan
Think at the moment BBC the only company broadcasting in HD for free.

Sky 1, Movies, Nat Geographic etc all subscription services

Ch4 were 'early converters' to widescreen so will likely follow suit.

:)

I did hear the BBC advertising their HD which is now ready - But I have not heard anyone else advertising theirs.

Apparently, the issue is with the bandwidth available on freesat / freeview.

They think, by next year, they`ll have managed to devise an algorithm to encode the

HD into the limited bandwith available.

However, for my money, the increase in quality, as a general rule, in insufficient to justify the costs! :(

The ITV do HD now and again (available by pressing the red button and depending upon which region itv you are using) and also Luxe TV HD should be available.

But if you use different dish positions (and add a cam) then there is a lot more.

Well it is winter...

You wouldn't expect me to go out with out wanting to keep warm

avatar changed to reflect the change in direction that I took a while back :D

Naaaaaaaaaaaaah ... your ok

I'm sure you will join the list of those that do :^O

Naaaaaaaaaaaaah ... your ok I'm sure you will join the list of those that do :^O
DOC/DON think we have a troublemaker here. He may need moderating..........

ohms look what I found (am I the first?)

Apache - -X- is a respected poster from SF. He stopped vistiting a while back and has recently come back.

He also used to be a member of the first forum that I did. :)