Fridge 1.5mm Radial?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazmanracer

Reaction score
Not sure about this one so looking for a bit of help.

I've got my Elecsa assessment coming up in a few weeks and was going to do a CU change at my place.

Thought I'd better test out the wiring first and came across a 1.5 mm going to my fridge socket. It's on it's own 6 amp MCB and there's only the one socket on it. It is labelled as water heater, we moved the boiler into the loft when we moved in and stuck the fridge in its place.

I think this is a bit unusual hence the question, but I can't see any reason why there is anything wrong, MCB rating will protect cable and it's not a long run, probably about 5 metres.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks

Seems ok as long as that point behind the fridge is labelled 6 amps max only then you will be ok.

As said as long as MCB rating smaller than cable rating..

danger risk = nil.. :D

You could always push the boat out and stick a 10amp in if you wanted?? ?:|

1.5mm was often used in the past for the old night time storage heaters

each on a 15amp 3036 semi-enc' wired fuse with 15mm radial..

but hey ho thats another problem ! ; \

As said as long as MCB rating smaller than cable rating..danger risk = nil.. :D

; \
That was my exact thought, just wanted confirmation from more learned beings? :| than myself.

Again thanks for the help guys

Not sure about this one so looking for a bit of help.I've got my Elecsa assessment coming up in a few weeks and was going to do a CU change at my place.
Hi Taz

Good luck with the assessment. Want to do mine in the next month or so, so would be interested in hearing how it went.

Cheers

Nat