Garden office

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John11

Reaction score
Hi,
looking for some advice, I'm planning on building a garden office at back of garden but will be next year as need to sort garden first.

I need to rebuild retaining walls and re-lay lawn so thought it would be wise to lay a cable during rather than ripping up a new garden next spring.

I will get an electrician to to do the fix (think thats what its called) but can anyone advice on the cable I should use ?

will be running a strip spotlight for lighting, computer, 2 screens, wifi, radio (maybe a kettle) and a heater in the winter months. and as the little one is not far off teens a couple of guitar amps when jamming (noise) with friends.

It will be about 35 meters from the house. from googling I think I need 10mm 3 core armoured does that sound ok ?

No affiliation to the company they just show in in google but would this be ok

https://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/products/2326478-10mm-3-core-pvc-swa-xlpe-armoured-cable-cut-length-sold-by-the-mtr?gclid=Cj0KCQiAv6yCBhCLARIsABqJTjZEPO0XYn7s53-z03bp3XMzI8u_5f18sLOT4mQQ0hlXwISouC7cTHUaAhqKEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

thanks in advance 

Thanks for Replay, it's under the stairs. I guess drill a hole in outer wall then out under patio then buried underground along the boundary.

Also going to put in flexible conduit.

Put a proper 50mm duct in with draw string because the conduit 20mm will. Be tight to pull. Through leave the end at the house wall and in area. Of garden room and tie the rope. To. Something to stop. It being pulled back accidentally

Locked to prevent being resurrected again

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.