Gec Nightstor 100

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
FYI

Called to one of these playing up today hadnt got a clue, apparently i was the 4th sparky to visit with no idea

But found a company that does

Brunton W Electrical Plumbing and Central Heating

01476 570092 based in Grantham

Not sure that it is,my plumber mate thinks its similar

Its that old there are no labels on it

it was a wonderful piece of kit....

10kW core; ducting to rooms; thermostat with fan assist

very efficient and usually reliable. the wiring diagram for this sort of unit is usually on the lid when you remove it- it looks complex but is figureable

basically a huge storage heater with thermostatically/ time clock controlled fan asssist and warm air ducts through the house. it automatically shuts down the blower while charging.

hi

usually very expensive as using electric rather than gas takes maybe 3-4 times the price to perform the same task...that said, electric is cheaper to install and there is no maintenance....

Could try air source heat pump - no real need to change existing rads etc, and a hell of a lot cheaper than storage heaters !!!

hi

i am no expert on heat pumps but i know they run much cooler than normal boilers so you need huge radiators for them to work properly. that is why everyone goes for that zig zag piping under their floor, essentially a huge radiator, 40 degrees off that will have you sweltering;\

The GEC nightstor 100 is a wet system boiler it weighs 9.8 of a ton and has 168 bricks inside which heat up during eonomy 7 period on a full charge the core can reach 1000c, when the ocupier wants heat during the day a fan starts and draws heat from the bricks and and puts it through a heat exchanger then a pump circulates it round the radiators therefore it only uses about 150 watts per hr to run the fan and pump, so it is very economic and faster than oil or gas and never needs servicing, kind regards the nightstorman.

Hello, I am about to purchase a property with a Nightstore 100 installed. Can you tell me where I can get technical info for this?

Thanks