GEO Cosy smart thermostat

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evening all,
sorry long post! so i came across a cosy smart room stat today, never seen or heard of it before but seems to have been about for a while. anyway doing some other electrical works and the customer asks if its possible to either replace the yellow coloured room stat in the hallway with either a new one or get rid of it all together as they have this thermostat that works from there phone or the stat in the lounge (the cosy). when it was fitted they were told to just leave the existing stat set at max (30 degrees) and just use the new cosy one or phone. anyway my response was i can disconnect it from the wiring centre and get rid altogether. had a quick look and and a read of the installer instructions. it says the cosy stat MUST be installed in series with existing room stat and MUST have the existing room stat kept, even says if the existing room stat is a wireless one this too has to be left in series. to me this is a waste of time and cant understand why this has to be the case. tried to contact them and cant get through on phone, the usual "your call is important but we arent available" and also no response from email.
so has anyone else installed these and know the reason behind the existing stat having to be left in the loop?
Cheers