Going From T-Mobile To Ee... Beware

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I've been with T-Mobile for quite a while now...probably 15 years, and I've always received great customer service,, been on a business contract for probably the last 6 years... I've had several faulty phones replaced next day delivery without any problem

The other day I phoned up to see if I could upgrade and they said I could on 2 of the phones that we have (2 months early, could have done it 3 months early) with a contract/bill that is extremely comparable with what I was paying before, we even got a £50 phone foc!

The phones turned up yesterday and we put the new sim cards in them,, mine took maybe 2 hours to switch (almost instantaneously) but the other one didn't. We got up this morning to find that Mrs Noz's old phone was disconnected and her new phone not working so she has no phone. I phoned them up at 8am and they found that the migration hadn't been activated on their side and they completed that... They have said that it could take up to 24 hours to the sim card to be activated.... Its 23:45 now and it still isn't working,,,, what's the betting that I'll be working at 8am tomorrow???

There is unfortunately no going back from the transfer (until it has transfered) so we'll just have to wait :|

So beware,,, these things do not always go as you might wish

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried turning the phone off and back on again?

I've found EE customer (business) support to be excellent. I don't know if there are multiple call centres but I usually get a cheery Geordie who's pleased to help!

More times than I can remember :(

To be fair they did say that it could take up to 24 hours, but you'd expect to be able to use your old phone until then

And yes,,, Business customer support does tend to be excellent, but we feel let down at the moment

Mrs thinks I did it on purpose :eek: i f she thinks I'd purposely put myself through all this crap then she needs to think again

We had a similar thing with EE/orange. I eventually got on to the head office CEO, I have now got a free upgrade on my phone should I need it, have in the region of six months free (no bills) on both the wife's and my phones, also got a free signal booster from them as well as we have a poor signal where we live. So all in all quite happy with their service, mind have been with them since mid nineties!

Just goes to show what a good complaint can achieve! Or put it another way, what their poor service can result in!

Don't know if it is still same procedure, but when I switched I had to text 'switch' to a number. Maybe you need to do that again?

they told me mine could take 24 hours. It took 20 minutes lol. But I was an early customer and things weren't so busy for them.

My biggest gripe with EE is paying for 4G but not being able to use it. Whenever I have a 4G signal, people cannot get through to me. This is down to the 4G network not supporting calls, so device should drop to 3G to receive the call. EE say it's not happening and send me in loops. Tried new SIM, completely wiping phone twice. So in the end I have to disable the 4G data usage. So now only 3G. To make it worse EE are going round turning off 3G services so their 4G gets more use. In my house I get 4G signal, and used to get strong 3G, but no more. So cannot use 4G and no 3G. In fact I'm lucky to get any signal at all unless upstairs or near the front window.

I remember going to a website when I had to replace a SIM card before, but you don't need to do anything to switch from T-Mobile to EE.

Well we got up this morning and they still don't work so we called T-Mobile technical and they said that they'd escalate it but that we might have to wait another 24 hours... Tbh technical weren't very helpful so we phoned customer services who were extremely helpful... So we're still waiting :|

Don't know if it is still same procedure, but when I switched I had to text 'switch' to a number. Maybe you need to do that again?

they told me mine could take 24 hours. It took 20 minutes lol. But I was an early customer and things weren't so busy for them.

My biggest gripe with EE is paying for 4G but not being able to use it. Whenever I have a 4G signal, people cannot get through to me. This is down to the 4G network not supporting calls, so device should drop to 3G to receive the call. EE say it's not happening and send me in loops. Tried new SIM, completely wiping phone twice. So in the end I have to disable the 4G data usage. So now only 3G. To make it worse EE are going round turning off 3G services so their 4G gets more use. In my house I get 4G signal, and used to get strong 3G, but no more. So cannot use 4G and no 3G. In fact I'm lucky to get any signal at all unless upstairs or near the front window.
I was with Orange 14 years but the last 12 months had no signal at home, Orange staff hands tied really they could offer me phones ,deals but without a useable signal pretty useless to me, I have since changed to Tesco mobile who use O2 network I believe , I do not now have to stand in bedroom window to make or recieve call .

Had no probs with T.Mobile  TBH    Been with them for years since they swallowed up the old One2One  network .  

EE just appeared on the screen one day , thought it stood for Evans Electric :innocent  

Mind you I only use a basic phone ..... have to keep the string tight or reception drops off .

Still not working..

They're now "reverse migrating" her contract back to the old T-Mobile contract and we're getting an envelope to return the phone.

I think we might just get another new line on the contract tomorrow and then cancel her old contract when it turns back on... If we do this she'll have a new number and phone but without the migrating issues

Her phones (old and new) have now been out of service for 48hours which would extend by another 48 hours (at least) if we wait for the migration... EE just can't seem to realise that this is unacceptable