Got a job to do, but...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Me and the gaffer have priced for a job for a guy who we have done previous works for. it's a shop that is being extended and 1 flat upstairs is being extended + converted into 2.

We have lived on council domestic contracts for a while now so have lost the grey stuff on these jobs. A few questions for ya...

Where will smoke alarms be required? is it 1 per room for flats or landing as usual. Whats situation with smokes in shops? Does it require a panel or standard mains smokes and if standard mains are they ALL linked or shop and each dwelling kept separate.

Next up is emergency lights. Whats requirements in these situations?

Erm.... thats it for now but sure they'll be more soon.

All jobs like this that I have done before have had pre madeup plans. This 1 were planning so help would be much appreciated.

EDIT:- Forgot to mention this is full rewire of existing plus new for extensions.

Cheers guys.

p.s. if we do this job, gaffers renews napit ans sorts my previous problem ;)

:Dthink you will find smokes have to be within 3 m from bedrooms and 7 m from kitchen main living area. smokes just in each flat not conected to flat / shop . not sure about smokes in shop emergancy lights in exit ways i think but stand to be corrected CJS

Yeah.

Either yourselves, or a third party, need to do a Fire Risk Assessment. Once completed, the FRA will point you towards the correct system to specify. Note - if you aren`t confident to do the FRA; AND to put your names down as the specifier of the system, get a third party in to advise. Then you follow their suggestions.

HTH

KME