Greetings! What are your latest projects?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin 7

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
TEF Moderator
Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello, I thought it would be interesting if you could tell us about your latest projects. Are they for your employment or for pleasure?

A project of yours may be an inspiration for another member.

Slightly off topic but

1. go part time - currently looking good, but overheads mean I’ll need to work up to 2 days a month to cover my overheads

2. leave industry and get a part time job doing something else - very attractive as there won’t be any paperwork to do or keep up with

3. retire completely - not sure I’m ready for this yet. I’ve worked long hours for too long

2. leave industry and get a part time job doing something else - very attractive as there won’t be any paperwork to do or keep up with
I wholeheartedly recommend that path. On a lucky opportunity I took early retirement from a management role in a large engineering company, whilst having no particular forward plan.
After a while helping my sons refurbishing their houses I took a part time maintenance job at a care home.
What a contrast! Responsible for no-one but myself, answering only to the home manager it was easy to cope with the daily repairs without undue pressure, without management meetings, complex programmes or targets to meet!
I did it for ten years, Obviously it wasn't the most lucrative part of my career but as a wind down to retirement it was certainly the most enjoyable and stress free.

Slightly off topic but

1. go part time - currently looking good, but overheads mean I’ll need to work up to 2 days a month to cover my overheads
I'm finding part time never seems to be part time, although I am far less busy than I used to be. I also find it increasingly irritating when the regs update yet again. I keep looking at shelf stacking type jobs, but I can earn in one day what I would have to work 2 days for doing that, so that seems pointless.

Latest posts