Growatt battery not discharging

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 36882

Reaction score
Right. We are fixed!

Installer finally came back out, and did 3 things:

1) Changed all the data cable connectors/terminals - allegedly these can be unreliable/damaged during installation.
2) Turned the CT clamp around so the arrow points AWAY from the meter, and back towards the inverter. The installer was saying the manufacturer of these has changed the spec, and this is the correct orientation to fit them now.
3) Reset the system.

I don't know if 1, 2, or all 3 of these issues fixed it, but for anyone browsing this thread, I'd recommend you suggest these to your installer (or do them yourself).

I now watch the dashboard with intrigue, and the system is working perfectly, backed up by smart meter readout and energy usage data from Octopus.

Cheers all for your suggestions.

@milomonster fyi

Full sun - house only using a fraction, some is charging battery, most is exported:

View attachment 15853

Cloudy - solar load doesn't cover house load, battery kicks in.

View attachment 15855
Great to read you're all fixed. I will certainly pass to our installer, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

We got there in the end with our problem of battery not discharging and no import/export showing in app.
Growatt reconfigured/updated inverter remotely (installer had configured in differently when installing battery after original solar installation). I also got installer to check all CT connections/cables - he sent apprentice who 'fessed up a couple of connections were stretched too tight and CT extension was at the limit of distance from the inverter.
All is working exactly as it should now and we can see all the data we need and control the installation correctly.
Thanks to all who contributed to this and other threads. Invaluable.

Thread locked to prevent hi-jacking (again)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts