Growatt 'PVVoltLowWarn'

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My system has been running for about 10 weeks, 5 days ago just before midnight and just after midnight i get the PVVoltLowWarn error logged. I cant find reference to this error anywhere, I'm assuming that it's saying that the voltage from the PV panels is low, I would expect it to be, it's night time! It had run for 9 weeks prior to this with no errors at all. My installer claims it's a Growatt Server issue and they're working on it, I don't buy into this though, why would their server be involved with logging errors on my system?

Any help / advice gratefully received - J

This is total guess work as I don't know the system, but maybe it gets time from server and if it thinks it's daytime and poor PV voltage???
No idea if those systems are 'that' smart but it is the only think I can think of. Does the inverter display a time?

This is total guess work as I don't know the system, but maybe it gets time from server and if it thinks it's daytime and poor PV voltage???
No idea if those systems are 'that' smart but it is the only think I can think of. Does the inverter display a time?
I did wonder something similar myself but the time shown on the app is correct.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

J

I'm getting the same at the same times, started four days ago. I emailed Growatt about this and they replied just a few hours later with:

"Thanks for your enquiry. For PvVoltLowWarn, this is a bug of the server discovered this week which give a false warning to some of the inverters. Our IT team is fixing this bug and hope the false warning will disappear. I checked your system and it is absolutely working in good order and the PV voltage is normal. So you don't need to worry about it."

I was impressed with the quick reply.

I'm getting the same at the same times, started four days ago. I emailed Growatt about this and they replied just a few hours later with:

"Thanks for your enquiry. For PvVoltLowWarn, this is a bug of the server discovered this week which give a false warning to some of the inverters. Our IT team is fixing this bug and hope the false warning will disappear. I checked your system and it is absolutely working in good order and the PV voltage is normal. So you don't need to worry about it."

I was impressed with the quick reply.
That’s reassuring, thank you.

Was it Growatt UK or China that you contacted? Uk hasn’t responded to me yet!

J

That’s reassuring, thank you.

Was it Growatt UK or China that you contacted? Uk hasn’t responded to me yet!

J
It was [email protected]. I presume that's UK ( the reply came from [email protected] and 2 Chinese addresses were cc'd in). If I need to contact them again I might also try via the app as it has a Query option in the Service section that can prefill some of your info.

Last edited:

Latest posts