GU 10 spot wiring

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevie h

Reaction score
would you consider it bad practice to wire mains powered gu10 spots straight in and out in 1.0mm t+e ..... i normally use 12v spots so i wire in and out of penny jb and connect transformer , but have a load of mains spots to do and was thinking of wiring straight in+out with no jb,s

cheers

Ste

I tend to wire into Jb and then into gu10 mains as then it is less strain on the main lighting wires, then instead of struggling get the 2 cables in there. Just my preferred method. :D

Agree...

T&E into a JB, then either 2 core or 3 core HR cable to the light (depending on light).

D.

would you consider it bad practice to wire mains powered gu10 spots straight in and out in 1.0mm t+e ..... i normally use 12v spots so i wire in and out of penny jb and connect transformer , but have a load of mains spots to do and was thinking of wiring straight in+out with no jb,scheers

Ste
I think the min size cable for downlights is 1.5mm in 17th edition will look through regs though.

Batty

I think the min size cable for downlights is 1.5mm in 17th edition will look through regs though.Batty
not heard of this before ........ let me know if you find anything in the regs .. i cant

cheers

Ste:)