has anybody ???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkss

DNO Jointer
Reaction score
had a call from screwfix regarding there new catolouge electricfix ?

kept me on the for about 20mins today asking qestions

best one was

'why don't you buy electrical products from screwfix'

easy.. your too expensive and trying to get a order right threw you is like talking to a rock:D

sparkss

I look forward to that call then.

(1) Too expensive

(2) Wrong/incomplete orders sent out

(3) Morons behind the counter who mumble & dribble

(4) Can be six kids behind the counter but rather than serve they chat to each other or are to busy texting.

(5) Joe public at the counter normally results in " are these any good" or "how do I put this up" conversations with the serving staff, so holding me up.

(6) Some spotty oik behind counter telling me how I have to be part P to install sockets in a kitchen " yes mate I'm an electrician I know the rules & regs"

(7) Ware house staff who obviously cant count even when the desp note states socket quantity 20, the last time I ordered on line I got 2.

(8) you dont sell star delta starters :^O

(9) Obvious second hand loaded split load MK cu sent out (in same order as sockets above), no labels, all 40amp mcbs, no rcd on split but 100amp 60947-3

On the plus side they did swap the cu & deliver the sockets next day, delivered by courier no less.........told them the customer would be taking legal action if the job wasnt completed & I would be passing this on to SF

Local wholesaler all the way........and the brew is better there anyway... bigger cups :D

Still using SF myself

not had a call

wholesalers around here are not that good

Denmans is about the best

i have used electric center they were good

lost count of times ive walked into screwfix, filled out form, stood in line, got to counter and gave info over, 'how are you paying?' 'i'l just type order in' ten minutes later - 'ohh thats not in stock - and neither is that - we only have two of those - sorry'

delivery is not bad if you allow 10-20% for breakages/items missing, (another trip)

ive even had gear thats clearly been used or left outside!...

if it was all for next to nothing, i could live with it but it isnt, very similar prices to wholesaler (win sum lose sum) and adding everything up it isnt good enough to be relied on.

although topless counter girls(only) may make it 'bare' able

had a call from screwfix regarding there new catolouge electricfix ?kept me on the for about 20mins today asking qestions

best one was

'why don't you buy electrical products from screwfix'

easy.. your too expensive and trying to get a order right threw you is like talking to a rock:D

sparkss
I got the Electricfix catalogue thru the door today, had a look and have spent over

The new catalogue came through the post with adverts from the niceic and the eca.

Phone call soon followed on the lines of a trade account and the benifits of having materials delivered next day to site.I do not really trust the products offered this may be because I know they bought a load of defunct dewalt stuff in the past. However I have only hearsay so there is as far as I know nothing wrong with the products they supply.(does that cover my ass in litigation?)

The new catalogue came through the post with adverts from the niceic and the eca.Phone call soon followed on the lines of a trade account and the benifits of having materials delivered next day to site.I do not really trust the products offered this may be because I know they bought a load of defunct dewalt stuff in the past. However I have only hearsay so there is as far as I know nothing wrong with the products they supply.(does that cover my ass in litigation?)
Screwfix have always been good with replacing faulty power tools although I tend to replace mine with Hilti now.

Batty

New catalogue came through door today, will have a look and compare prices before ordering. Not had much dealings with screwfix so will keep open minded:p

your not the only one Andy, I've had a catalogue but its the same old thing. I wouldn't mind but I do buy electrical gear from them occassionally

Got my catalogue yesterday! Comparing prices at the mo, but seems alright.

Haven't received one. Well, not that I can remember anyway.

I used to use them a heck of a lot for all sorts of items when they owned by the original guy. (Kingfisher group bought him out for

I got a catalouge Friday & one on saturday.

Some of the prices are ok but the local wholsaler still wins I'm afraid & if he doesnt I just take the catalouge ot TLC price in & he matches or beats it:D

I got my catalogue Friday did order today. I buy my vent axia fans and manrose fans through them and a few other things. It is all a bit confusing because when I first rang the girl said it was plumbfix. I said I wanted electrifix she said she would get someone to call me back within 20 minutes. I waited all afternoon without a call. Anyway rung back later and got through to electrifix this time and placed an order on my account as you can use your screwfix account to order on. Hopefully order will turn up on Tuesday.

As for prices screwfix catalogue includes Vat electrifix is plus Vat so a lot of the stuff is only marginally cheaper as screwfix give 10% of prices if you buy online or store most of the time.

Batty

i think me, Subneural and Admin are going to have to start a rebellion. Anyone else want to join?
Well they ain't sent me a catalogue either...

and I do use SF quite frequently for bits..

and have an account with them...

so you better stick me on your rebellion team Andy...

do we go and paint ball the SF head office? ; \ ]:)

; \

Well they ain't sent me a catalogue either...and I do use SF quite frequently for bits..

and have an account with them...

so you better stick me on your rebellion team Andy...

do we go and paint ball the SF head office? ; \ ]:)

; \
do you plan to shoot the staff or paint them the message?

which marker would you like to use? (top is mine!)

DSCF1197.jpg

I haven't had one either and i order from them a fair bit!

I also feel left out!! :( :(

Hi all - I've just ran screwfix to find out more - they gave me this number to ring: 08081727000 for electrifix - they not online at moment but sending out a catalogue - no mention about being part P registered either !!!