Have you ever broke customers furniture?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes i have had acidents on a few occasions

One time i was working in a property drilling through a wall near a fuseboard there were alot of plates on the wall so i got the customer to take them down, when asked how sbout this one over here ?, i replied no thats fine not going to work over there,

So did the job customer happy , slammed the meter cupboard door and the plate fell of the wall .

Guess what ? Claris Cliff had to go to the cash point and pay the customer 50 notes on leaving.

Also one time was drilling down in front of a skirting and caught the thread of the carpet and ripped a rather nice piece of red thread from across the room but got away with that one.

Yes i have had acidents on a few occasionsOne time i was working in a property drilling through a wall near a fuseboard there were alot of plates on the wall so i got the customer to take them down, when asked how sbout this one over here ?, i replied no thats fine not going to work over there,

So did the job customer happy , slammed the meter cupboard door and the plate fell of the wall .

Guess what ? Claris Cliff had to go to the cash point and pay the customer 50 notes on leaving.

Also one time was drilling down in front of a skirting and caught the thread of the carpet and ripped a rather nice piece of red thread from across the room but got away with that one.
did you get paid for the job though? or was it you owed them fifty quid plus the job money?

I was sevicing some chandeliers in a stately home. I got the steps either side and a held it with 2 people and an assistant went upstairs to pull the board up and undo the bolt. We were waiting for it to come loose when the one the other end of the hallway crashed to the floor. Whoops Louis VII too ah well, we chucked everything in the van and scarpered sharpish.....

Or was that Only fools and horses?

I remember rewiring a kitchen and leaving the apprentice to wraggle and fix the back boxes

I went to use the bathroom,i opened the door to see a row of red rawl plugs sticking through the tiled wall

:red cardheadbang

I remember rewiring a kitchen and leaving the apprentice to wraggle and fix the back boxesI went to use the bathroom,i opened the door to see a row of red rawl plugs sticking through the tiled wall

:red cardheadbang
Just reminded me. Last year I did some work in several libraries in the area. New reception counters were fitted so had to disconnect power and data points, make safe and re connect when new counter built. Had to get underneath and mount severalplastic pattresses to the new timber. Some were mounted on the inside of the timber front panel (very nice looking polished timber) For some reason the guy working with me didnt give a minutes thought to the 1" x 8 screws he was using and the possibility they might be too long. Nice neat row of diagonal screws sticking through the front! Librarian not impressed with us!

i used to be a decorater and had to take the new trainees on projects with me and teach them the basics , on one particular job a lad tripped over a can of gloss onto this old dears carpet and another time some monkey cut some wallpaper with a stanley on a sofa and sliced straight right thru

Watching the apprentice struggle to replace a bath panel (after doing the 16th ed. supp. bonding) so I helpfully gave it a clout, and watched a splinter of enamel fly across the room. Customer wasn't in & it was Friday so we didn't go back to shop (boss liked a natter, would've still been there 7pm), planned to confess on Monday. Saturday morning boss rings me, "Mrs Whateverhernamewas cut her hand on the bath, said you must of damaged it, I told her you wouldn't of done a thing like that..." I confessed & the good old ECA insurance covered the cost.

I wasn't responsible for the chipped brass bedstead at another job though...

Best one for me was when a guy was fitting wet flooring and left his 5L tin of evo stick just balanced ontop of his tool Box then came alon me and yes I hit it knocking it all down the customers stair carpet flooring guy asks if his wet vac will wipe it up.

Lesson learnt was watch my size 10s

Latest posts