Heard of Clarkson Evans

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fusion Jamie

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm a student committed to becoming an electrician. I'm part way through evening classes for my Level 2 though I'm not currently working in the industry so don't have any on site experience.
I've always been told that an apprenticeship is the best way to go so when the opportunity to get one with a company called Clarkson Evans came up I applied and got an interview.
I think it went well but I know I may not get the position so this whole thread could be mute but does anyone have any experience with this company at all? And is it worth me taking the apprenticeship and leaving the level 2 course that I paid for unfinished?
Any advice people can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I know nothing at all about the company, BUT I would say that these days an offer of an apprenticeship is worth far more than any course.
You could take the course another time, but may not see another employment offer.
You may well find that an apprenticeship would come with college training paid for. Was this not mentioned at interview?

Clarkson Evans I believe are a large company as I often see their adverts for various areas. No experience of them myself.
It may be worth speaking to them about the course as they may suggest you stay with it as you will have to do it with the apprenticeship anyhow.

They told me I wouldn't be able to continue the course as it's a full time apprenticeship. And yes, the apprenticeship comes with one day a week at one of their training centres. Their website says I'll complete "an Advanced Electrotechnical Apprenticeship - the same electrical apprenticeship qualification available at many colleges" so I suppose it's worth dropping the course if it gets me the qualifications I need plus employment and experience.

Your current course you say is in the evening could you not continue with that off your own bat. Having two qualifications will stand you in good stead and demonstrate how keen and a grafter you are. It also demonstrates you complete what you started. If it gets tough and difficult to do the course and apprenticeship you can drop out then but worth giving both a go I would have thought There may be elements in your L2 that will broaden your knowledge base and add to your employment prospects longer term,

Hi all. I'm a student committed to becoming an electrician. I'm part way through evening classes for my Level 2 though I'm not currently working in the industry so don't have any on site experience.
I've always been told that an apprenticeship is the best way to go so when the opportunity to get one with a company called Clarkson Evans came up I applied and got an interview.
I think it went well but I know I may not get the position so this whole thread could be mute but does anyone have any experience with this company at all? And is it worth me taking the apprenticeship and leaving the level 2 course that I paid for unfinished?
Any advice people can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum...

With regards to any unknown company, if they are a 'Ltd' business it can often be useful to do a search on the free Companies House register...
You can get an idea how long a company has been established.. and if their accounts are up to date..
e.g. a company that has been operating for several years is probably a bit more of a solid bet than a new starter less than 2-years old!

(I use if when checking on-line suppliers I have never used before).

Companies House Search

Often current or past employees post on the Indeed or Glassdoor websites about their experiences with companies. Glassdoor, I think, has a comment which may answer your query.
1645304918130.png

Last edited: