Heatshrink sleeving

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave2

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend where to buy heatshrink sleeving?

What size will be required to use on crimped 2.5mm/1.5mm and 6mm t&e?

Has anyone used the crimps from RS that are enclosed in heatshrink plus a glue that melts onto the enclosed cables.

Has anyone used the crimps from RS that are enclosed in heatshrink plus a glue that melts onto the enclosed cables.
As in together? At the same time? Concurrently?? WOW!

Nope! :( but I am now as interested as you... :|

to find out if anyone has??? ?:| ? :|
Me too. I wants one.

Are you listening wiz?

I WANTS one mind!

:^O :^O

I have them and use them - but they aren't from RS. I think they are great mate. i use a gas gun to head them.

Hey, Valley Boy. Did you edit my post? Did you pinch my "t" ? X(
Nah....

he didn't pinch your T...

but I did see him drink your coffee! ]:) ] :)

and if you give me another Scoobie Snack..

I'll tell you where he hid your bacon sarny! :| :|

Can anyone recommend where to buy heatshrink sleeving?What size will be required to use on crimped 2.5mm/1.5mm and 6mm t&e?
I was impressed with the range City Electrical had on offfer - don't normally use them - but in the liocal branch they offered a large range of colours and sizes in 0.5m lenghts on a 'select it yourself' stand - so you don't feel a numpty asking for something that doesn't exist! Bear in mind heat shrink goes to approx 1/3rd of its starting size. Sometimes not as good as you would like for crimped connections!

I was impressed with the range City Electrical had on offfer - don't normally use them - but in the liocal branch they offered a large range of colours and sizes in 0.5m lenghts on a 'select it yourself' stand - so you don't feel a numpty asking for something that doesn't exist! Bear in mind heat shrink goes to approx 1/3rd of its starting size. Sometimes not as good as you would like for crimped connections!
Interesting. The heatshrink from TLC shrinks down to half of the starting size.

I tend to find it quite good on the crimps (usually)! :)

Hi Kme - probably just me asking for the moon - but a red crimp with heat shrink on it won't go down to grip a 1.5 cable - so in a bad situation there could be scope for water ingress. Why I should worry about that when I could legitimately use a JB I don't know........

Hi Kme - probably just me asking for the moon - but a red crimp with heat shrink on it won't go down to grip a 1.5 cable - so in a bad situation there could be scope for water ingress. Why I should worry about that when I could legitimately use a JB I don't know........
As a general rule m8, where I can, I`ll put crimped connections into a chocbox (marvellous invention).

That`s not watertight either, but then neither is a "standard" JB??

Oh; and it is possible to get heatshrink for that. Don`t remember where from, but when I do I`ll let you know.

'Liocal' is that a Cornish dialect coming out m8.... :) :D

or just that wireless keyboard inserting the letters it missed out of the previous post??? ?:| :^O :^O

When I have been holidaying down Cornwall I reckon I have seen some spark's in the sea using really big heat shrink as a body suit....

one length up each arm and leg and a really big one over the torso'

lie in the sun... wait for shrinkage... then go in the sea with the ole surf board!!!! :) ]:) ] :)

When I have been holidaying down Cornwall I reckon I have seen some spark's in the sea using really big heat shrink as a body suit....

one length up each arm and leg and a really big one over the torso'

lie in the sun... wait for shrinkage... then go in the sea with the ole surf board!!!! :) ]:) ] :)
You`re a star, you are.

:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O