Hello All

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson

Reaction score
Hi I am not an electrician but After 50years retired plumber. I spent 7years attending collage for plumbing and later building which included 4years of 3 nights a week. The youth of today have it so easy. When I started domestic heating was very much in its infancy,very challenging but really interesting. You can't imagine how numerous the problems where when a radiator or the hot water didn't work,some of the early systems didn't require electrics. As gas and oil became popular so the level of electrics became more advanced so people like me became advanced with it ,there was no master wiring diagram to follow. For 30years I had my own small company just doing routine domestic stuff, but occasionally ,something interesting would crop up. One job about 15years ago,a new house ,with under floor heating downstairs ,radiators upstairs ,condensing boiler,and a thermal store hot water system. I wired it temporary to check it worked,the the electricians then rewired it and it didn't work because they didn't know how it was supposed to work. I spent a day watching them rewire on my instructions until all was ok

Latest posts