Hello All

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S-elect

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and would like to say hello and I hope I can contribute something as well as receive a lot of help and advice, make some new friends along the way.

I left school at 16 and joined my dads company and started my apprenticeship. My dad recently retired after running our family company for 40 years taught me lots of old and new methods and how to be a good electrician. I qualified at 19 after taking my am2 a year early, I now work on commercial and industrial projects and I'm always willing to have a go/learn new methods.

I look forward to reading some posts!

Cheers Sam

Thanks all for the reply and welcome, and step toe no exam makes you a electrician hard work, willing and learning along the way makes you a electrician, as my dad taught me when he started in 66 as a apprentice his job was to lift bundles of conduit up stair cases, he wasn't allowed to touch a tool until he passed his stores test and he never done a am2, but he can do all methods of electrical work, he even taught me how to bend tube with a lump of wood, make a hole with a raw plug tool (did not enjoy that one) and how to sweat crimps and make of mineral big and small. So your reply to your 5 week courses, I have nothing against them, I'm sure my 3 year apprenticeship to my dads 5 year apprenticeship was not good enough. I've considered myself very lucky so far And I have the greatest respect for the old sparks as well as the new ones.

Sam

Yeah probably did mate working nights at the moment and the lack of sleep is getting to me! Roll on Friday and pay day ay!