Hello All

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Payney

Reaction score
Hi everyone I`m after some advice if anyone can help me. I`m working full time but not in the trade I`m finding it hard to find any evening courses local to me as cant do full time are distant learning courses through a training provider any good. I`m waiting for my ecs card to turn up then I`m going to see if I can get some weekend work as a mate.

avoid distant courses etc, you will not learn enough and even if you do get 'qualified' you will be unlikely to get a job working for anyone. best stick with local college

unless you already have a lot of electrical knowledge, then you really need a full time course. dont forget an apprenticeship takes 4 years, imagine trying to learn all that doing a few hours here and there

I have some electrical knowledge but not loads I know it takes a long time I should have done an apprenticeship when I was younger.

Hi and welcome.

Oedneil will give you sound advice on this front.

There are many routes into becoming an 'electrician'. I am of the opinion that the JIB have it spot on. If you want an 'electrician' grading on your CSCS card then they have exactly what is required on their website - http://www.jib.org.uk/documents/handbooks/19-23848-jib-handbook-october-2015-section-4.pdf

The are many routes as I said before but follow this route and nobody can tell you that you are not an electrician. Follow the routes of 5 week courses and you will forever be made to feel inferior by your peers.

Good luck.

Canoeboy said:
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png
You sure that is a tongue?

Latest posts