Hello from London

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayagirl

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking (and learning) for too long now...it's time to say hello :)

Live in central London; working as electrician/handywoman.

I did my time up North, with a 4 year Industrial/Commercial apprenticeship including C&G 236 Pts 1 and 2...some time back!

Came down to London, and meandered around sites, factories...finally settling into house rewires and maintenance.

Left the trade for a while, traveled overseas, studied back here, traveled some more, then came back to London. Been working as a handywoman/maintenance for years as my qualifications are not up to date.

Joined this site to learn about current practice; and OMG some things have changed a lot.

But I'm looking round at courses, and I'm looking at which Part P Provider to sign with.

I always get a mate to come on board if it's notifiable; but I've recently been losing some good jobs due to their unavailability and me not being willing to do the work against the rules.

This is turning into a monologue; so I'll just say thanks to all those posters I've learned from, or laughed with, and once I'm a bit clearer on what extra courses and exams I need to do...I'll be posting a bit more often!

Hello and welcome.

We need some more lady sparks on board - Badger gets lonely at night you see. Are you single? If you are PM him a picture. You ok with beards, fairy lights, gnomes and CCTV cameras?

On a sensible note - it's always nice when people give a bit of back story!

:D

Hello everyone...............................This is turning into a monologue; so I'll just say thanks to all those posters I've learned from, or laughed with, and once I'm a bit clearer on what extra courses and exams I need to do...I'll be posting a bit more often!
:eek: :O:O:O:O

Are you implying that some parts of this forum are of a humorous nature?

I do hope not!!X(X( X(

You do realise elecktwickery is a very serious subject..

You cant go laughing and joking around with all those voltiamps flying around...

They can killerwattever they want to if connected up wrong!!

We are probably the most sensible, educated, well mannered, netiquette observing group of forumbultor members anywhere in the whole of admins garage!!

We DO NOT do humorous larking around with Tomfoolery and his brother Dekethehalls with earth wire!

Please maintain the high standards and reputation of the forum with all future posts...........

What was the question again? :Blushing

was the answer put it on a radial circuit and downgrade to 20A breaker?

or should it be............

Providing you are not running much over 7Kw 4.0mm will probably be good for the shed!

What thread did I start reading? :C :coat

Patch....

Is it tomorrow yet?

:| ?:| :|

should I go back and wait in the corner of Green Hornets study....

he has a really big desk in there you know!

:innocent

Hello Mayagirl,

A warn welcome to the forum.

It's good to have you on-board. :D

Here, Have one of these... :Y or one of these ... Guinness

Whichever is appropriate. :D

You ok with beards, fairy lights, gnomes and CCTV cameras?

Sounds like he's remaking Lord of the Rings!

as to humorous commentary...I shall endeavor to keep within the standards already set up :^O

And you're right, there aren't enough female trades full stop. But I do think that's changing. But I'm shocked to discover that by and large the 4/5 year apprenticeship seems to have disappeared...although that's probably a subject for a different thread to this one.

Wine or Guinness ...that's a tough choice. Probably depends on the time of day!

But thanks all; for your warm welcomes :)

Welcome to the forum May unfortunately there's a rumour KME may be back so Guinness may be off but there should be plenty off :Y but I prefer Cider so KME'S return doesn't affect me.

but I prefer Cider so KME'S return doesn't affect me.
Cider Snob!

:innocent ]:)

I'm gonna tell Admin you got Cider in you room again! ]:)

I bet thats what was in that box Badger dropped off for you yesterday....

I knew it wasn't 20x CCTV cameras like wot it said on the outside!

X( X(

Cider Snob! :innocent ]:)

I'm gonna tell Admin you got Cider in you room again! ]:)

I bet thats what was in that box Badger dropped off for you yesterday....

I knew it wasn't 20x CCTV cameras like wot it said on the outside!

X( X(
I'm no snob I watch Eastenders you know.

:eek: