Hello!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warbspeed

Reaction score
Nice little forum,

I look forward to being a part of it as it grows.

I am trying to start up as a domestic Spark due to redundancy,

done my EAL & 2381 at Technique training who i DO NOT reccomend! Rip off merchants!

I'll be doing my 2382-2 update 28th April & hoping to gain more experience over the coming months, particularly Inspection & Testing, with the goal of joining a Part P scheme & be self employed.

I'm 33 years old from Bolton, own van/tools & looking for work.

Welcome to the best sparky forum on the 'net'. Nice part of the world Bolton (I assume Lancs). Sorry to hear about the redundancy. But don't get despondent as the old saying goes "When the gong gets tough, the tough get going" Just remember that.

Nothing quite like getting out there and doing the work, you will be surprised at your own capabilities. By definition you can only gain experience by experience and I am sure you will have plenty of help from here so just ask away as an when.

Testing is all logic and no hard at all.

I am down south and too far away from you and am pulling out of sparky work as retirement comes close and have a nice juicy job that will see me through.

Warbspeed

How u doing

same boat as u 18 months on

dont rush in for the part p reg. Im not,,,my mate i work with is so he helps me out on those jobs.He also did TT.

Dont be scared to walk away from a job if you think its over your head

There plenty of good blokes on here who will give lots of help

Good luck

TT

hi buddy,

dont believe all these people that try and pretend test&insp is some black art.

Im only down road from you, N Manchester, so if you need a second opinion my beer rates are very reasonable :D :D:D

Nice little forum,I look forward to being a part of it as it grows.

Welcome warbspeed.

Welcome to the forum warbspeed .. good bunch of lads here ,good atmosphere too ,just not found the bar yet ???

Welcome to the forum warbspeed .. good bunch of lads here ,good atmosphere too ,just not found the bar yet ???
ThebarisoverthereMate.jpg

In that case then dude, its ur round, cos im sure as hell not walking over there ....... hmmm u got dial a cans number lol

Greets Warb. In my opinion, as long as you are consciencious in your work, and, as you are, taking the appropriate theory to back up the experience, then the self-employed route shouldn`t hold many pitfalls for you.

Best of luck. :)

p.s. sorry to hear you`re in Bolton. :( You just missed being in Yorkshire. :D :D

Greets Warb. In my opinion, as long as you are consciencious in your work, and, as you are, taking the appropriate theory to back up the experience, then the self-employed route shouldn`t hold many pitfalls for you.Best of luck. :)

p.s. sorry to hear you`re in Bolton. :( You just missed being in Yorkshire. :D :D
wasnt that lucky.... :^O

Scotland didnt want yous, and England wouldnt take yous back so they made dork****e... ]:) :^O ] :) :^O

sorry.....................

wasnt that lucky.... :^O Scotland didnt want yous, and England wouldnt take yous back so they made dork****e... ]:) :^O ] :) :^O
Thanks my friend!!X(X(X( X( :^O

Q. Did you asterisk that, or ??????????

The purpose of the Pennines is to keep the riff-raff OUT! Out I say!!!

sorry.....................

Awwwwww.... Bless. :x

You`re welcome in Wales mate (even though I`m not from here originally - I`ll still welcome you.) :)

But, if the avatar`s anything to go by, you look like you could be a gippo too:^O:^O:^O

Nice little forum,I look forward to being a part of it as it grows.

I am trying to start up as a domestic Spark due to redundancy,

done my EAL & 2381 at Technique training who i DO NOT reccomend! Rip off merchants!

I'll be doing my 2382-2 update 28th April & hoping to gain more experience over the coming months, particularly Inspection & Testing, with the goal of joining a Part P scheme & be self employed.

Hello M8..

welcome..

some may say it is not a good time to start up a business!

but then when is the right time????

Give it a shot m8..

remember the electrical knowlegde bit is only a part of a succesful business...

dont forget the other factors such customer liason skills...

time management...

keeping you paperwork uptodate & in order..

I reckon you stand as good a chance as any other person to succeed! :)

I have been through the redundancy - self employed boat myself..

there are loads of good books all about starting your own business with loads of really good advice...

Two important bits of info I always remembered were..

1] Most small businesses fail within the first 5 years!

I know this sounds grim, but you have to be prepared for a hard slog for that initial break through.

2] With nearly all small business that fail, NO ONE regrets having a go!

it is those that never tried that have regrets thinking "I wish I had had a go at working for myself?"

So basically give it your best.. If you can manage past 5 years.. then you are probably onto a winner.

oh & by the way you are younger than I was when I went self employed!

I am now in my 10th year..

I ain't going to be a millionare...

but I am as happy as the next man with probably just as much job security!!! :)

{hope this makes sence it is 11 mins past midnight & the tangle foot is kicking in!!!!!!!!1] :) ]:) ] :) ]:) ] :) :) :D }