Hello

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedro

Reaction score
Just been on DIYnot and found it particularly unfriendly so have come to seek some refuge. I'm not an electrician (or any type of trade proffessional) but am embarking on refitting my kitchen. I'm doing all the cabinets and a tiny bit of plumbing myself. Of course the electrics are being done by a sparky, but I'm trying to do this on a tight a budget as possible so getting myself up to speed on the electrical possibilities so that I can ask my electrician the right questions and understand his responses. This seemed to cause a problem for some of the people on DIYnot, who were shockingly quick to call me a liar. Is it that unusual for clients to want to understand what they are having done?

I'm afraid I'm going to be more of a taker than a giver :(

Anyway, hello everyone.

Welcome to the forum, Pedro.

No funny business here, otherwise my boys will deal with the situation.

The Godfather

Hi Pedro

Welcome to the house

There is nothing wrong with understanding or knowing what your paying for.

And there are no stupid questions on this forum concerning electrics

but as for other topics we are all fair game :^O :^O

Just been on DIYnot and found it particularly unfriendly so have come to seek some refuge. I'm not an electrician (or any type of trade proffessional) but am embarking on refitting my kitchen. I'm doing all the cabinets and a tiny bit of plumbing myself. Of course the electrics are being done by a sparky, but I'm trying to do this on a tight a budget as possible so getting myself up to speed on the electrical possibilities so that I can ask my electrician the right questions and understand his responses. This seemed to cause a problem for some of the people on DIYnot, who were shockingly quick to call me a liar. Is it that unusual for clients to want to understand what they are having done?I'm afraid I'm going to be more of a taker than a giver :(

Anyway, hello everyone.
particularly unfriendly :eek:

You pay enough money sir... we CAN DO unfriendly as well as anyone else..! ; \ ; \

Just ask Welshy if he will share his twix with you! NO CHANCE! X(

Or ask Flying Scotsman if he has a spare slice of cake! NO CHANCE! X(

Or try grabbin a beer from Steptoes fridge! NO CHANCE! X(

Unfriendly! phtt! tis easy.. ]:)

like falling off a....

off...

off the back of a TRAILER! :( :_| :^O :^O:^O:p

shockingly quick to call me a liar

LIAR LIAR YA PANTS ARE ON FIRE! :eek: :p

how quick was that then bud!?? ?:| ? :|

eh

eh?

we wont be second best at nothing!!

oh by the way...

Welcome Pedro! :D :) :) :D

Hi PedroWelcome to the house

There is nothing wrong with understanding or knowing what your paying for.

And there are no stupid questions on this forum concerning electrics

but as for other topics we are all fair game :^O :^O
What about.....

Why doesn't a ceiling rose have thorns???

or

Do light bulbs emit light when on..... Or absorb darkness when off????

Hello everyone i am new here too.
Blimey Admin there's more sneakin IN!!!

didn't you lock the door????

Welcome 101Services! :) :) ;)

Had to go upstairs and get me posh shiny shoes and best jacket to come back to the front door and say hello! :p :p:D:D:D:D:D

Latest posts