Hells FuseBoard...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonor

Reaction score
Apologies for the poor picture quality, my camera phone is crap.

This is a Crabtree three phase board from the late 60's/early 70's. As you can see from the pics, a fun board to work on.

A close up of the three-phase arrangement. The earth terminals are tucked right into the corners, which makes them difficult to reach as the "Circuit Breakers" terminals are exposed.

The board runs an office block with a data centre, so we couldn't isolate it, it was due to be replaced with a spangly new Merlin Gerin board, but they've decided to postpone it due to the economic downturn. This happens to be a multi-million pound company. :eek: X(

Ohhhhh...... Nice!

Two man live working then? One doing the work, one with a cricket bat to knock you off if your hand slips?

Ahh the good old Crabtree C50 breakers. (model no, not device rating)

That is an early example.

I actually liked them for one reason. The breakers had a screw to fasten them into a threaded hole on the busbar, a sound connection IMHO, and the breakers diddnt move to one side when tightened, unlike some.

Ok, thats two reasons.

Yep, C50 breakers, made of bakerlite I'd say. I've actually still got a few of those in storage in their original packaging. Never going to get used...