Help and advice needed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yorkie55

Reaction score
Hi all, I currently have a solis hybrid inverter 3.6kw, 2 pylontech 3000c batteries, a battery disconnect with 80 amp fuses, and 2 long battery leads on pre order, due Sept. I know how to connect these together, but am I right in thinking I need to connect the grid from the inverter to a seperate consumer unit with say a 20 amp c type rcd before it goes in to the main CU, and also does the meter and ct clamp that comes with the inverter, get installed too, or is that used when solar pv is active. thanks in advance.
PS solar will be added next year when funds allow.

Battery will do nothing without the control clamp or meter. As for the board, have a read of other posts on here, the answer to your question is in there along with a lot of other information you will find interesting.

Battery will do nothing without the control clamp or meter. As for the board, have a read of other posts on here, the answer to your question is in there along with a lot of other information you will find