HELP! Cheap professional Indemnity Insurance needed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Untold riches  beyond your wildest dreams   Murdo.               ( May be somewhat overstated there )   

The main thing is it supports the Forum which  does cost a few bob to host etc .   

Have a look under "Store "  top of the Home page . 

Last edited by a moderator:
My mum always said don't run before you can walk. Gold is probably too big a step for me so how much is it to be a silver member? Have to be honest I don't find the shop products all that easy to grasp. Was looking everywhere for the executive washroom item.

My mum always said don't run before you can walk. Gold is probably too big a step for me so how much is it to be a silver member? Have to be honest I don't find the shop products all that easy to grasp. Was looking everywhere for the executive washroom item.

Right.. just been and looked...      You are right it can be a bit confusing...   :C

Especially when like a lot of us we enabled the purchase years ago, and then its just an annual auto renew...

TBH been a Gold member for so long that I don't actually know what you don't get if you are a normal member...

BUT I do know the forum has had many close calls over the years with the finances to keep it running, while still providing a useful free service to the bulk of its members..

I think the "Downloads" area is probably the main benefit...

Various files you can down load either for free or at a small additional one off payment.

The bottom line is how the forum owners generate enough money to pay for the bandwidth from the hosts servers..

I look at it as 50p per week.. if you find any aspect of the forum has helped you?

i.e.  As a sole trader I can chat with other guys around the UK doing similar work to me..

and having to confront the same hurdles when regulations are updated every year that has an August Bank holiday weekend with either rain or sun for part of the day!!

Which I think is the key benefit.. that I am happy to pay less than a pint of beer once a week.. to use..

from what I see..

Silver has various individual features you can select, or Gold is just everything enabled..

If you don't want to stump up £25 for Gold..   Go for the £6 Silver option with the Downloads enabled...

I think all extra funds will be really appreciated by the forum owners during these Covid times when loads of business are struggling to keep going.

Guinness   

I searched around a bit and the most basic quotes for public liability should start from £89 or so, according to this insurance article. But of course the price depends on how much experience you've got and what type of work you're doing. 

Its approximately the cost of two packs of ciggies  I guess  

I’m surprised that so little emphasis is put on professional indemnity. For my photography business I had £2M for PI and £1m for PL, I suppose the cost of re-staging an event if I bogged up would be far higher than for someone tripping over my camera.

Be sure you get both PI & PL from the same company along with equipment, vehicle, etc.

Locked to prevent being resurrected (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.