Help Installing 2 Busch Dimmers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't need to "splice" them, just put the two wires into the terminal and tighten it.

Each switch needs a live feed (hot as you call it, not a term we usually use here) and the other connection from each switch is the switched live out to the lamp.

Ok, I think I understand almost.  It's just that these symbols: incoming (Line/Live) arrows; and outgoing arrows (?); and arrow with crossed line (switched live to lamp); so, what is the bottom black wire coming into (Line/Live) incoming arrow? It seems that now the way this switch is wired, that the top live is making the bottom live also via the brown traveler wire, but where is the switched live? Has the black wire become the switched live back to the lamp, like the yellow wire in the top crossed-arrow? If so, then it does not matter exactly if switched live is in crossed-arrow or in the incoming (Line/Live) ?  Thanks , you've been a great help, and forgive my ignorance. Max