help needed fellow students!!!!!!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themezza

Reaction score
hello all

im Neil im 31, at the moment im am training to be a spark at night school and i wondered if any one had any advice for me, to make me be a better prospect to a potential employer,as i have just been made redundent from my job and i need to get a bit of help to get me going on my way.

i am in my first year for my city in guilds 2330 course in electrical installations

and wondered if you had any advice for me?

my tutor has gave me a list of books to buy, i was wondering if any of you had any advice on which book would help me the best

cheers all

all the best Neil

Neil you can read all the books in the world but none will give you what potential employers are looking for most, common sense and hands on experience.

so my advice would be to get as much 'hands on the tools' as you can, you could offer your services free to some local spark in any free time you have, some would love a spare pair of hands especially as things get tighter in the coming year.

i've had 3rd year apprentices who couldnt even wire two way light switches or who would happily use an 25mm auger bit to cut a hole in a patress whilst holding it his hand then looked on bemused as it exploded Applaud Smiley

common sense and experience

Neil you can read all the books in the world but none will give you what potential employers are looking for most, common sense and hands on experience.so my advice would be to get as much 'hands on the tools' as you can, you could offer your services free to some local spark in any free time you have, some would love a spare pair of hands especially as things get tighter in the coming year.

i've had 3rd year apprentices who couldnt even wire two way light switches or who would happily use an 25mm auger bit to cut a hole in a patress whilst holding it his hand then looked on bemused as it exploded Applaud Smiley

common sense and experience
:eek:

His hand exploded!!!?? :eek: :| :_| ]:)Blushing

:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O