Help needed for a distribution board

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum mate

With a 'passion for the electrician' I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Someone will be along to help soon :D

Welcome to the forum. :D

Looks like a new 3-phase dis' board. :)

That is indeed an unpopulated (no breakers) industrial 3 phase distribution board, not a domestic "consumer unit" or "fuse box". What are you using it for? A house? in which case you got the wrong thing entirely.

Behind the white covers (with the warning labels on) you will find connections for the 3 phases (Red, Blue, Yellow - now Brown, Black, Grey) which then have staggered bus bars up the centre (behind the Red, Blue, Yellow labels) The individual breakers for the outgoing circuits screw to the busbar tags.

Should you really be playing with this (especially 3 phase) if you don't know what you are doing? You (or someone else) could get hurt!

Edit: As LostIt says, this a "double header" board for dual supply by the look of it. An unusal bit of kit only used in certain circumstances, bottom DIN rail is for mounting incomers/main isolators/3ph RCDs on.

not a normal 3ph industrial distribution board!

possibly could be used for dual supply i.e mains and generator powered or ups type supply.

its not done like that over here we would use 2 distribution boards.

if you use that then labelling should be attached explaining dual supplied.

or the other possible senario is half the board is meant for 3phase rcd so

the incomer is rcd then you have several rcd protected ways this is done possibly to reduce cost of several 3ph mcb's but generally as said we would fit 2 boards.

agreed not a conventional layout of board - there definately isn't room for a isolator or mccb for the top ways.

Could be a variety of configs - feed into a main isolator or mccb, which loops out to another isolator or mccb mounted in one me the ways at the tops. Or one of the bottom ways feeds into an rcd mounted in one of the top ways.

Who cares - its my bedtime :)

D.

But I do have a used one in stock, complete with main switch and MCBs etc. (8 way - I believe).

:D

agreed not a conventional layout of board - there definately isn't room for a isolator or mccb for the top ways.Could be a variety of configs - feed into a main isolator or mccb, which loops out to another isolator or mccb mounted in one me the ways at the tops. Or one of the bottom ways feeds into an rcd mounted in one of the top ways.

Who cares - its my bedtime :)

D.
goodnight DD :z :z:z:z:z:z:z

its actually quite a common board, and in Italy they use a similar set up.

as has been said its NOT a standard 3ph board, but used a lot nonetheless, usually for a UPS/generator supply or such like, can also be used for isolated supplies by seperated transformers too.

in all honesty if you havent used one of these boards before then you need to seek first hand advice on its fitting, and not simply rely on what we may or may not be able to explain to you on this forum.

also its an old board, I am in a slight doubt as to whether or not you could legally fit this board anymore.

also its an old board, I am in a slight doubt as to whether or not you could legally fit this board anymore.
That's my thoughts.. even with limited 3ph experience... :|

the colours must indicate it is pre 31 March 06 when new colours should be used..

Someone selling off old stock cheap??? ?:|

That's my thoughts.. even with limited 3ph experience... :| the colours must indicate it is pre 31 March 06 when new colours should be used..

Someone selling off old stock cheap??? ?:|
thanks SL, I personally think it would be illegal to fit this board now, all the 3ph boards I have done past 2years or more have been new colours.

and since july this year it has been mandatory AFAIK.

thanks SL, I personally think it would be illegal to fit this board now, all the 3ph boards I have done past 2years or more have been new colours.and since july this year it has been mandatory AFAIK.
Spose it does beg the question..

if you have appropriate durable stickers / labels / identification

that could be stuck over the RYB..

then to all reasonable judgement it would be compliant with Brn/Blk/Gry?

cuz after all it's not insulation you need to change... just some labels? ?:| ? :|

Spose it does beg the question..if you have appropriate durable stickers / labels / identification

that could be stuck over the RYB..

then to all reasonable judgement it would be compliant with Brn/Blk/Gry?

cuz after all it's not insulation you need to change... just some labels? ?:| ? :|
cant see no reason why not really, as long as its just a label and not stamped into the case or anything, suppose you could even change it with some tape if you wanted to, or simply change it to

L1

L2

L3

and remove the colours completely.

cant see no reason why not really, as long as its just a label and not stamped into the case or anything, suppose you could even change it with some tape if you wanted to, or simply change it toL1

L2

L3

and remove the colours completely.
well thats another problem solved!! :D

what about this flipping massive price rise in a barrel of oil cuz of the flippin Yanks!!!!

can we tape them up as well?? :^O :^O:^O:^OGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

well thats another problem solved!! :D what about this flipping massive price rise in a barrel of oil cuz of the flippin Yanks!!!!

can we tape them up as well?? :^O :^O:^O:^OGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink
shoulda just shot them all when we had the chance. Pray

Well...I won't set up an electric board of this type, but one of my friend, in a journey to saudi arabia find in a store this board and take a picture. When I looked the picture I was not able to told him the use of this board and he too...

I thought to ask you due to the similar standards that the 2 countries have.

Well...I saw other kind of board but more ways have a longer busbar.

Here there is 2 separeted busbar, in the case that there is 2 ways...one will be protect by rccb and 1 not...And there isn't commutator or other thing to switch from the line to the UPS...

Really....it'a a kind of mistery for me because in Italy there is a difference culture in electrician, more near to french and German standards.

Thank u for the quick replies...and sorry for my english :p

Hope that if someone could tell me the right use of a board like this will post a reply or write me at [email protected] ...i'm so curious to know how the electrician could use this board

Thank u for the quick replies...and sorry for my english :p
Not a problem Riccardo, Your English is quite Good, actually. :D

Regards,

Admin.