Help needed on rafiki twinflex

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sysparks

Reaction score
Hi all, i have installed a twinflex 4 zone system, and occasionally the ground floor goes into fault, then clears itself, not 100% sure but it seems to be when a laser hair removal machine is used (they emit a strong bright light).

Could the detector in this room with the laser be putting panel into fault mode?

Rafiki reckon it could be induction from the machine affecting fp200 masking the eol signal, but the screen should blank that out shouldnt it?

The panel only goes into faul if it cant see the EOL either an open circuit or short circuit,I would find the EOL for that zone, and put it in the panel and see if the fault persists. or try swapping the EOL for zone 4 say,

Then its a matter of cable suppression or eol problems.B)

The rafiki system uses a device/detector as an eol, you just turn it on with the dip switches and it gives the eol signal.

The fault is intermittant, so couldnt really disable a zone for a day in case of fire. Do you think the eol detector could be knackered?

Well in that case why dont you swap the dectector for another one on a different zone and set that as the eol then see if the fault occurs again,

its a matter of substiution of devices or cable faults.

manual

like fuze said if u swap the detectors around and see if it causes a fault in other zones ,have had a few probs with the detectors in some installations before dust had got into the units and shagged the inner workings(dunno how) was H.M.O properties mind and students are grubby so thats my theory lol swapped the sensor and was sorted ... as the fp200 is shielded it would amaze me if it was induction from the lazer machine that was causing it does the lazer machine produce a lot of heat ? the sudden heat rise could trip it ? or the fumes from whatever its lazering? is it positioned over the lazer area?

askin these questions as i have no clue what a lazer machine does and the one on james bond just cut everything to shreds innit lol :p

Good thing with this system you can remove detector and circuit will still work, Why not try removing the detector you think is causing problem and then see if it still happens.

Batty