Help needed to replace Bathroom switch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moko86

Reaction score
Hi all, I am changing my light switches but encounter a small concussion on my bathroom. The switch there is 1 gang two way (only used as 1 way) but it has a loop (neutral) connection on the switch too. The brand is Hager and they said on their web site “a unique LOOP terminal to allow neutral looping at the switch”. So the new switches are just an ordinary way two way without this loop(N) connection. My question is shall I just connect all the neutral in the box or shall I try to find switch like that which I probably won’t be able to as I already checked Amazon and all the metal switches don’t have this loop? Thank you for the help.

Attachments

• 81SiVN5GutL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81SiVN5GutL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 10
Yes put them in a separate connector such as a Wago. Being a metal plate switch the earth/s need connecting to the switch plate.

Why are so many changing to metal switches? After a few years they get scratched and sometimes corrosion sets in in the scratches.

I only use metal sockets and switches in my workshop, I agree I am not a big fan of metal switches and sockets in houses, but each to their own.