Help needed various exam questions

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragon

Reaction score
can any one help me please ,i need answer ;

1-give ONE possible reason for each of the following.

a) loss of supply to one floor of a multi-storey office block

B) cable insulation failure

c) RCD tripping on circuits which have passed an IR test

2-state

a) in the correct order, the first three dead tests to be carried out on a radial circuit

B) why the tests are carried out in a given order

3-

a) describe briefly how to carry out an insulation resistance test on a ring final circuit

consisting of socket outlets only

B) state the test voltage and the minimum acceptable insulation resistance value

4-an earth fault loop impedance test is to be carried out to confirm Ze.

State the reason for-

a) isolating the supply

B) disconnecting the earthing conductor

c) recording thr instrument serial number

help me guys my emil:[email protected]

Hello Dragon, I have moved these questions onto a new thread for you.

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
can any one help me please ,i need answer ; 1-give ONE possible reason for each of the following.

a) loss of supply to one floor of a multi-storey office block

B) cable insulation failure

c) RCD tripping on circuits which have passed an IR test

2-state

a) in the correct order, the first three dead tests to be carried out on a radial circuit

B) why the tests are carried out in a given order

3-

a) describe briefly how to carry out an insulation resistance test on a ring final circuit

consisting of socket outlets only

B) state the test voltage and the minimum acceptable insulation resistance value

4-an earth fault loop impedance test is to be carried out to confirm Ze.

State the reason for-

a) isolating the supply

B) disconnecting the earthing conductor

c) recording thr instrument serial number

help me guys my emil:[email protected]
Hello Dragon.

welcome to the forum, Just a quick point...

you may have been best starting a new thread with your questions. ;)

1a: Circuit breaker tripping?

1b: Age, mechanical damage, rodents chewing etc..?

1c: Faulty accessory connected to circuit?

2a: Page 77 On site guide 10.2.1 will answer this.

2b: when you have written the answers see what you think.

3a & 3b: Page 83 On site guide 10.3.3 should answer these.

4a & 4b: Page 87 On site guide 10.3.6 should give some pointers on this.

4c: Think traceability, accuracy and calibration of instuments...

You do need to have a go yourself..

If still struggling come back with your thoughts then it is easier to point you in the right direction.

Guinness

thanks alot guys, i need someone to answer these questions without regulation numbers and codes please.

1-a) Explain the terms "on load" and "off load" with reference to isolating devices.

B) give an example of each of the above.

2- State three safe working practices necessary in terms of isolation

3- State six sources of information which would be relevant to fault diagnosis

4- A final circuit is installed using single core, PVC insulated, copper cables in steel conduit. The steel conduit is used as the CPC. When an earth fault loop impedance test is carried out the result exceeds the maximum acceptable value of Zs. Describe

a) Three possible faults that may cause the high reading

B) One test that may be applied to locate the fault

5-a) Explain why, in the sequence of tests required by BS7671, the continuity of protective conductors must be completed first.

B) BS7671 requires that a polarity test is made in order to verify three requirements. State each of them

Thank you headbang

thanks alot guys, i need someone to answer these questions without regulation numbers and codes please.1-a) Explain the terms "on load" and "off load" with reference to isolating devices.

Hello dragon, First of all I would just say again you are probably best off starting a new thread with questions like this...

Its a sort of respect for the persons whos thread you are hijacking sort of thing!

Hopefully Zeff won't be offended and will understand this mistake as you are a new poster. :pray :x

I will ask if the Mods can move your bits onto a new thread, as you look like you have got a few questions.....

Anyway back to your stuff.... ;) :coffee

I am guessing you are training somewhere?

What level are you at?

I must ask the bloomin obvious, (please don't be offended)..

But do you understand the concept of an electrical "LOAD"

and a switch to turn on the load

and an isolator / breaker to protect the load from faults?

If yes..

can you sort of giggle them around a bit to answer your question 1)?

If you are currently below that level of understanding I would be wondering why your course has got you trying to answer these sort of questions...?

Or are you doing a distance learning course on your own at home?

?:|

:coffee

thanks alot guys, i need someone to answer these questions without regulation numbers and codes please.

1-a) Explain the terms "on load" and "off load" with reference to isolating devices.

2- State three safe working practices necessary in terms of isolation

3- State six sources of information which would be relevant to fault diagnosis

4- A final circuit is installed using single core, PVC insulated, copper cables in steel conduit. The steel conduit is used as the CPC. When an earth fault loop impedance test is carried out the result exceeds the maximum acceptable value of Zs. Describe

5-a) Explain why, in the sequence of tests required by BS7671, the continuity of protective conductors must be completed first.

B) BS7671 requires that a polarity test is made in order to verify three requirements. State each of them

Thank you

can someone help me please answer this ????

can someone help me please answer this ????