Help on getting my foot in the electrical door

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm lucky enough I have my ole man to help with work from time to time so at the min I'm quite lucky. I will look at additional courses to help me get on faster. I'm coming up to the end of lvl2 now and I just want to get stuck in to the practical side. I know as an improver and the fact I have no on site expirence it's gonna take time to be at the highest level so Im trying to do what it takes. Like asking questions on electricians forums and showing myself up 😅 

Yeah there has been but at the time before leaving site I didn't think getting work would of been as hard as what it has been. Il be trying my best from now anyway. 

I would think a significant contributing factor nowadays is the legal red tape and liabilities of having someone either employed or just volunteering working on behalf of a-n-other company. Many smaller businesses simply don't want the hassle. It has no relevance to how good or bad your abilities are, just the gamble of how much someone else is willing to risk on nothing going pear-shaped with big insurance claims. 

Doc H.

at least you can fill chases in properly....might be a useful selling point to a potential employer? You will struggle to get work, it's just the nature of the beast currently, but if you get fully qualified it will certainy help with that even if you don't have the hands-on experience.