Help please - replacing Danfoss RM230t room thermostat to a Danfoss RET2000M

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barber007

Reaction score
Please can anyone assist me with the wiring - 

I have a Danfoss RM230T - which has 3 wires Live, Neutral, Black

I habe a Danfoss RET2000M for which I have put the live and neutral in and that then leaves me with 3 places to put the black wire 1,2 or 3 (Com, On , Off). I have tried putting the black in each of these in turn but although the thermostat display shows calling for heat the boiler isn't firing up. 

Am I missing something here? 

Should there be a connection between N,L,1,2,3 ??

Please can someone help me as the house is getting colder and at this rate I'll have to put the old RM230 back on and hope it can last out a little while longer. 

Yes, you will have to put a link in, otherwise it will not work, assuming and as I said, assuming, which I am because of a lack of further info, that it is as I would expect. You will need a link between L and common, then connect the black to the 'on' terminal. like I said without further info thats the best I can offer, then it should fire the boiler when stat calls for heat, if not then try swapping the black into the 'off' terminal, as there are two ways of these things working.