Help required

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion: 

It strikes me that you are looking at carrying out some fairly expensive work based on third hand information and guesswork.

This not a lack of job experience or knowledge on your part, but a failure to provide a clear requirement. Such requirement should be agreed with both the supply authority and the building services engineer.

You need either a proper written specification of what you are required to provide or an on site meeting with the supply authority engineer, and probably also the building services designer.

so just worried I install 95mm which is expensive then they come along and won’t connect to meter Because they say cables to big
my comment was about this post

but are you not having CTs Fitted ,the tails go through the CT into the head ,and the CT connects to the meter using a smaller cable (normally 1.5 or 2.5)

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion: 

It strikes me that you are looking at carrying out some fairly expensive work based on third hand information and guesswork.

This not a lack of job experience or knowledge on your part, but a failure to provide a clear requirement. Such requirement should be agreed with both the supply authority and the building services engineer.

You need either a proper written specification of what you are required to provide or an on site meeting with the supply authority engineer, and probably also the building services designer.
Yes I agree building services designer has been on today and stated that the electric supply company want tails installed out of cut out ready for meter to be fitted and must be suitable for 110kva  - this is what he has been passed on by energy company to my customer 

Last edited by a moderator:
Had it confirmed today it’s 110kva so I make that 159amp per phase then so 70mm tails as enclosed in a small section if 100 x 100 trunking .

still waiting on energy company getting back to me but building designer has requested capable of 110kva