Help with a light project

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LITEHELP

Reaction score
Hello, I have an LED ceiling light box that I want to mount sideways onto a wall instead.

I want to wire it to a (UK, 3 pin) plug so I can I can plug it in to a socket like a lamp, but clueless as to how to do this, or if it is possible. Can anyone help? I'd would really appreciate any advice on this.

Photo of wiring is here: https://ibb.co/9gJj7HY

I am confused as to what to do, as there is no ground wire... but is this normal?

Change the flex for a three core flex (Brown blue yellow/green) given that the little silver screw is the earth point and has a yellow lead to terminal block suggests that it should have always been provided with an earth.

I would personally not use that considering whoever fitted that cable did not realise it needed an earth suggesting it is of dubious quality. What is the unterminated conductor to the left of the driver for.

Yes just fit a 3 core flex and use a 3amp fuse. Hardest thing though is that you need to have some kind of cord grip to prevent any strain on the connections. Maybe take the cord grip from an old 13amp plug and drill a couple of holes to suit.

Latest posts