Help with future jobs/courses

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rorybean

Reaction score
Hi guys! 

I am currently studying level 2 diploma in electrical instalation part time on the evenings. 

I will be continuing to do my level 3 next year, so I'm a way off being qualified yet! 

Just wondering if there's any additional training that would be beneficial to me? 

I've been looking at doing my inspection and testing course once I've done my level 3.

And also what jobs would I be able to take once I have completed my level 2,if any? Or is it best to wait until my level 3 is complete? I'm just looking to get some experience under my belt before completion as most employers like you to have some experience. 

Also I should add I'm 30, so an apprenticeship is pretty much out the equation. 

Thanks in advance for any help 👍

Welcome Rory, 

what makes you choose electrics? 

once you have your level 2 then you could enlist with an agency as mate, they’ll then find you work to that level. 
don’t expect anything grand then you won’t be disappointed. Pay will be inline with shelf filling. 
As for test and inspect I should wait until you have done experience under your belt after you’ve got level 3. 

Welcome Rory, 

what makes you choose electrics? 

once you have your level 2 then you could enlist with an agency as mate, they’ll then find you work to that level. 
don’t expect anything grand then you won’t be disappointed. Pay will be inline with shelf filling. 
As for test and inspect I should wait until you have done experience under your belt after you’ve got level 3. 
Thanks for the reply. 

As for why electrics? It's always been something that's interested me and something I've enjoyed doing. 

I've seen jobs advertised for electricians mate just never knew what would be needed to qualify for the job, so Thankyou for that 👍

Rory, no one will come to you and say here I have this job, you’d be the perfect fit, it’s down to you to do the donkey work and put yourself out there. Especially in the early years, once you’ve made a name for yourself then it’s a job to keep them at bay!!

good luck.