Help with my setup

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. I hate these WiFi dongles. I had a switch for my pond UV which took ages to configure.
How do you suggest I do the above. Is it any easier via a laptop?

Yeah. I hate these WiFi dongles. I had a switch for my pond UV which took ages to configure.
How do you suggest I do the above. Is it any easier via a laptop?
I always find a laptop easier. You get one chance to link the dongle to your internet, so be careful setting the password on the dongle, because once set, you can't change it.

Managed to get it working thanks to (by luck) a Google post after trawling through about 4 pages.
This worked perfectly

HOW TO SET UP WIFI MONITORING FOR GINLONG SOLIS SOLAR INVERTERS​

Firstly, sync the datalogger onto your WiFi network by:

• On a smart device forget all WiFi networks it is currently connecting to
  • Connect to the WiFi network with SSID AP_xxxx (where xxxx is the serial number of the datalogger) it will warn you there is no internet, this is because it doesn’t have internet yet.
  • Open any browser (Safari, Chrome etc) on the smart device
  • In the access bar type in the ip address of the datalogger (10.10.100.254)
  • You will be prompted with a username and password
  • Type in “admin” (without quotes) for both username and password
  • Run through the wizard: select the wifi network with internet, click next; then type in the password for that network, click next; click next until it says OK; then it will say close this page manually and it will restart
  • Close the browser

ANY ISSUES?​

If you cannot see the WiFi network (AP_XXXX) then you need to remove the black antenna on the bottom of the datalogger to get the datalogger back into configuration mode.

Firstly I downloaded the Solis cloud app from the play store. Set up a account. Did the above and ot worked

The bit about removing the antenna is very interesting.
I'm not sure if that bit works as I didn't need to remove the antenna.
I just went into settings, removed all the known WiFi from my phone. Clicked on the AP******** WiFi. Then Opened Google chrome and went through the process above. After completion I then opened the soliscloud and it was all working.

One other thing that can help is to turn off the phone's mobile data.

Because - when the "no internet" notification comes up, some phones can drop the WiFi connection and switch to mobile data. This disconnects you from the dongle before you can set it up.

One other thing that can help is to turn off the phone's mobile data.

Because - when the "no internet" notification comes up, some phones can drop the WiFi connection and switch to mobile data. This disconnects you from the dongle before you can set it up.
This is what causes the problems, ruddy phones - I'm too old for that nonsense 😄

Finished installing the panels around 11am. This image was taken around 4pm

Question now is. How do I tweak the setup to use/store more power instead of sending it back to the grid. Is there a option of setting up a repayment tarriff from a energy company or are self installs never getting the payback scheme

Looking great.
Be better when that spare is going into batteries.
Yeah. I think for me batteries are the way to go. Well Hopefully when they are available.
I've peeked at 3.81kw though AVG around 2.5kw. I guess not bad for a garage roof with a shallow pitch.
Problem is I can't stop looking at the app.

Haha, that'll last for months. I still do but it's getting less frequent.

Shame it only takes a snapshot every 5 mins.

This has been mine today, very similar peak. Clouds are a damn nuisance in between peaks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-19-16-33-00-24_fffb7a36b95fd26011ab6c25a1351116.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-19-16-33-00-24_fffb7a36b95fd26011ab6c25a1351116.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2022-05-19-16-33-42-32_fffb7a36b95fd26011ab6c25a1351116.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-19-16-33-42-32_fffb7a36b95fd26011ab6c25a1351116.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 10
I don't think you can sell it back to grid if it's self installed. But you've saved a ton of cash doing it yourself, already.

One option might be a diverter to feed an immersion heater. Although that becomes less useful once you have batteries.

Yeah. The extra 5kw you used for the batteries as mine was wasted going back to the grid ☹️

Of your batteries are full discharged in the morning and you get full charge capabilities. How long roughly does it take to fully charge the batteries?

I don't think you can sell it back to grid if it's self installed. But you've saved a ton of cash doing it yourself, already.

One option might be a diverter to feed an immersion heater. Although that becomes less useful once you have batteries.
Yeah. Thinking back I remember someone mentioned about mcs or MSc cert(possibly Binky). Its a lot to take in when it's not your profession..
though tbh I'm not that bothered about payback as I would just get a additional battery if needed.

Think I'm in for £2840 ATM.
5kw of batteries approx £2000
So if I can save a grand a year (hopefully) I will be well chuffed