here's one for ya...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonkeyDong

Reaction score
Hi all,

Lets discuss the use of 17th edition(dual rcd) boards in a single storey dwelling....

Discuss..... :)

D.

Erm I think they make a valuable financial contribution to the companies that make them .................................. ;)

Not a problem split the property into circuits left & right or front & rear, instead of up & down :^O

Not a problem split the property into circuits left & right or front & rear, instead of up & down :^O
Other :p divisions possible:

Adults/Children areas

Toys and gadgets/washroom and cooker

His/Hers

the TV/ everything else

:D

Don't forget you could have a seperate RCBO for your fridge/freezer, so that your food doesn't spoil if the ring main trips out.

Hi all,Lets discuss the use of 17th edition(dual rcd) boards in a single storey dwelling....

Discuss..... :)

D.
Well.... TBH. don't see that this is any different from a 16th ed CU in a single story dwelling!

Number of floors is irrelevant IMHO! :|

e.g.

Yellow book 314-01-01:- divide into circuits to avoid danger and minimise inconvenience in the event of a fault!

So I would of had at least TWO socket and TWO light circuits anyway!

with 17th I would just make sure some sockets and some lights remain on in the event of one RCD operating.

divide any other circuits suitably! ;) :D