Heterodyne.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABC Technical

Reaction score
That is a Bat detector to you & me, now I do know how these things work.

What I want to know is does anyone know how to make one?

Having trawled many interweb sites, only for none that I found have any actual plans for a Heterodyne, I probably even have all of the component parts in my bl00dy workshop but I dont have a plan.. :_|

Please someone out there you must know or have or know someone who has?

Thanking you please in advances.

Although, it is, in fact an old word, from the time of the thermionic valve:

Having alternating currents of two different frequencies that are combined to produce two new frequencies, the sum and difference of the original frequencies, either of which may be used in radio or television receivers by proper tuning or filtering.

OR

To combine (a radio-frequency wave) with a locally generated wave of different frequency in order to produce a new frequency equal to the sum or difference of the two.

Although, it is, in fact an old word, from the time of the thermionic valve:Having alternating currents of two different frequencies that are combined to produce two new frequencies, the sum and difference of the original frequencies, either of which may be used in radio or television receivers by proper tuning or filtering.

OR

To combine (a radio-frequency wave) with a locally generated wave of different frequency in order to produce a new frequency equal to the sum or difference of the two.
If you can write like that m8

at this time of night...

YOU NEED MORE BEER!! X(

get back to that fridge now! ]:) ] :)

I vaugley remember somthing about "Super-Heterodyne-Receivers" in my Telecommuncations courses....

Donkeys years ago... in my apprenticeship days!:8} :)

cant remember WTF they were or did..

But they sound good and technical! :eek: :^O:^O:) :p :p

That is a Bat detector to you & me, now I do know how these things work.What I want to know is does anyone know how to make one?

Having trawled many interweb sites, only for none that I found have any actual plans for a Heterodyne, I probably even have all of the component parts in my bl00dy workshop but I dont have a plan.. :_|

Please someone out there you must know or have or know someone who has?

Thanking you please in advances.
If you took this into Theorys cave......

would it become the "BAT CAVE"!? :eek: :O;\ :( :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O;)

It it being taken care of at this very moment :x :x:x

"good eveing ladies and gentlemen. The train will shortly be arriving at "inebriation station". All change for bedibyes"

:^O :p :p:^O;) :x

It it being taken care of at this very moment :x :x:x"good eveing ladies and gentlemen. The train will shortly be arriving at "inebriation station". All change for bedibyes"

:^O :p :p:^O;) :x
Hope the train will call at wee wee's before bedibyes! :eek: :_| ]:)

Cheers M107, I think I can make a pcb from that.

I want it for my Rats, apparently they laugh when you tickle them, it's just at the same-ish frequency as Bats.

Cheers M107, I think I can make a pcb from that.I want it for my Rats, apparently they laugh when you tickle them, it's just at the same-ish frequency as Bats.
:^O all that effoert to hear a rat chuckle :^O