Hey Everyone

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

Junior

Reaction score
Just thought i would say hi !

Im a 20 year old guy after a career change

I was a machinist, then a welder and now want to do something which actually interests me! :)

Ive been helping out an electrician i know; helped with a full rewire, wiring up a new extension and fiting a new C/U and loved every minute of it.

Now i plan on getting some of those qualification thingys haha:^O, and see where i go from there.

You can all wake up now after the boring speach!!! :z

Cheers Guiness Drink

Junior

Admin1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hello Junior,

Welcome to the forum, Mate.

Badger

Black and White Cow Poisoner...
Reaction score
on the basis of being shot down by everyone I would say experience will always beat pieces of paper.20years without either and still bluffing my way through. :D
I did hear on your last inspection that you only just scrapped a pass, whereas moi i got through with a distinction :^O :^O:p

extension15

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just thought i would say hi !Im a 20 year old guy after a career change

Junior
Indeed so junior.........

Not that much experince really (takes a lifetime...)

;)

Anyway, welcome to THEE forum

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum mate

To add my view - Qualifications help to strucutre your learning and give the general public, scheme providers (court of law if things go wrong) confidence that you have displayed your competance at some point! I think that experience is hugely valuable but you get more from the experience if you have some knowlegde first!

Junior

Reaction score
Thanks for all the warm welcomes guys and gals :)

Im hoping i can get a little more experience in before going for my quals as a lot of my family, (mostly tradesmen!) have said that having the know-how makes the exams and theory a bit easier.

Thanks for all your views too, all taken in and much appreciated :)

Junior

Admin1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
on the basis of being shot down by everyone I would say experience will always beat pieces of paper.
Why? You, I and Everyone else knows your above quoted statement is TRUE! Unfortunately, the "Must have qualifications" to do ANY job, is here and here to stay. :_|

samsilb

Reaction score
hi;

now i'm the new kid on the block

right to the point ;

got a 2hp 220v. single phase.60hz motor to hook up.

do i take 2-110 legs from 2 15 amp breakers from the same side in the panalbox ?or 1 leg

from the breaker on the right and 1 leg from the breaker on the left side? thanks for the info.

laserdavy

Reaction score
hi;now i'm the new kid on the block

right to the point ;

got a 2hp 220v. single phase.60hz motor to hook up.

do i take 2-110 legs from 2 15 amp breakers from the same side in the panalbox ?or 1 leg

from the breaker on the right and 1 leg from the breaker on the left side? thanks for the info.
Samsilb

Am right in saying you do not live in the UK?