Hey Everyone

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior

Reaction score
Just thought i would say hi !

Im a 20 year old guy after a career change

I was a machinist, then a welder and now want to do something which actually interests me! :)

Ive been helping out an electrician i know; helped with a full rewire, wiring up a new extension and fiting a new C/U and loved every minute of it.

Now i plan on getting some of those qualification thingys haha:^O, and see where i go from there.

You can all wake up now after the boring speach!!! :z

Cheers Guiness Drink

Junior

Hello Junior,

Welcome to the forum, Mate.

on the basis of being shot down by everyone I would say experience will always beat pieces of paper.

20years without either and still bluffing my way through. :D

on the basis of being shot down by everyone I would say experience will always beat pieces of paper.20years without either and still bluffing my way through. :D
I did hear on your last inspection that you only just scrapped a pass, whereas moi i got through with a distinction :^O :^O:p

Agreed with steps here a thousand pieces of paper are no good with out experience.

Batty

And welcome to the forum Junior.

Just thought i would say hi !Im a 20 year old guy after a career change

Junior
Indeed so junior.........

Not that much experince really (takes a lifetime...)

;)

Anyway, welcome to THEE forum

Welcome to the forum mate

To add my view - Qualifications help to strucutre your learning and give the general public, scheme providers (court of law if things go wrong) confidence that you have displayed your competance at some point! I think that experience is hugely valuable but you get more from the experience if you have some knowlegde first!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes guys and gals :)

Im hoping i can get a little more experience in before going for my quals as a lot of my family, (mostly tradesmen!) have said that having the know-how makes the exams and theory a bit easier.

Thanks for all your views too, all taken in and much appreciated :)

Junior

on the basis of being shot down by everyone I would say experience will always beat pieces of paper.
Why? You, I and Everyone else knows your above quoted statement is TRUE! Unfortunately, the "Must have qualifications" to do ANY job, is here and here to stay. :_|

hi;

now i'm the new kid on the block

right to the point ;

got a 2hp 220v. single phase.60hz motor to hook up.

do i take 2-110 legs from 2 15 amp breakers from the same side in the panalbox ?or 1 leg

from the breaker on the right and 1 leg from the breaker on the left side? thanks for the info.

hi;now i'm the new kid on the block

right to the point ;

got a 2hp 220v. single phase.60hz motor to hook up.

do i take 2-110 legs from 2 15 amp breakers from the same side in the panalbox ?or 1 leg

from the breaker on the right and 1 leg from the breaker on the left side? thanks for the info.
Samsilb

Am right in saying you do not live in the UK?