Hi everyone

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jo.spark

Reaction score
Hi my name is Joanna, hope everyone is fine, I'm new in here and that's my first post, hope could get some sensible answers to few questions. I will appreciate ;) Many thanks....

I did not see any female sparks in here, am I the only one? lol

Hi Jo

Welcome to the forum

you might be the only one...

bring some friends to the party !!!!

Welcome to the forum Jo, you are very welcome, yes there are other female sparks, (even a female Admin2), they are out there somewhere. We also have a good base of knowledge to help with any questions you ask.

Doc H.

Wow thats great.

Do not know how to move around, where do i have to go to ask them burning me questions? Blushing

Hello Joanna,

Welcome to the forum - It's good to have you On-Board. :)

We have lots of Female Electricians on here (And lots of Non Female Sparks too).

You will get quality answers on here. :D

Best Wishes,

Admin.

Wow thats great.Do not know how to move around, where do i have to go to ask them burning me questions? Blushing
What does it entail?

Never worry, if you insert it in the wrong forum, I can always move it.

:)

hello

generally questions will go in the question and answer section

i would add to admins post that there are also a few non electrical females on the member list

we do not bite

and questions are never stupid

mr smith

Thank you all :)

I am preparing to take am2, so stressing over it, i know it's not the end of the world but nobody likes to fail.

I have the leaflet, all circuit diagrams, good at wiring, conduit and confident with testing but fault diagnosis and rectification makes me go brrrr....

especially on motor.

And believe it or not i finished one of the colleges which was as well motor re-winding, on the end of it i had to rewire single phase motor.

Sound so obvious but somehow have empty space around this area, I couldn't

find info about it..

What faults can there be possibly

Please....Pray

Thank you all :)I am preparing to take am2, so stressing over it, i know it's not the end of the world but nobody likes to fail.

I have the leaflet, all circuit diagrams, good at wiring, conduit and confident with testing but fault diagnosis and rectification makes me go brrrr....

especially on motor.

And believe it or not i finished one of the colleges which was as well motor re-winding, on the end of it i had to rewire single phase motor.

Sound so obvious but somehow have empty space around this area, I couldn't

find info about it..

What faults can there be possibly

Please....Pray
I see, Joanna. In that case you need the Student & Learning Section.

PS - Have you done a "Search" for AM2 Fault Finding?

(Not that it really matters - because I have set it up so that when you enter a title on a new thread that you make - it automatically searches the database for ant similar threads and displays them). This is why there are two main reasons as to why it is important to make the title keywords to be as accurate as possible.

1. It produses better results in Search engines (and on our search engines for when members search internally).

2. It shows a keyword(s) match on the database search for similar threads before posting a new thread (to reduce similar threads).

I hope you understand what I mean?! Sorry if I have confused you. :(

Here are some that have turned up in an internal search, Joanna - I hope that helps. :)

Previous AM2 Fault Finding Threads

IF your question(s) is/are not covered, please feel free to start a thread of your own.

Best Wishes,

Admin.

Hello Joanna,

Wellcome to the forum.

Never done the AM2 but here is my basic fault list

1. Open circuit.
  2. Short circuit.
  3. High resistance
  4. low resistance
  5. Not connected as per diagram.
  6. Switches and push buttons not working when operated.
  7. Bad connections I.E loose connection ,tightened on insulation not conductor.

I have gone to various machine that would not start only to find a isolator turned off or lock off stop button operated ,

so my first cheack is hands behind back and visually check equipment .

Oh, a lady! Welcome :D

:Y

Nat, 'avinalarf' is the most prolific female spark we have after good old 'Admin 2'. Few other lasses come and go.

Hi, thank you for being friendly that's great.

You made me feel good, just cannotword it how good....

Lovely

Officially have my dates for my am2 so fingers crossed

I'm gonna pass it on 15th March-17th March, sounds good?

Have a nice day everyone

Officially have my dates for my am2 so fingers crossed

I'm gonna pass it on 15th March-17th March, sounds good?
Excellent, Great attitude. :D