Hi, I'm Roisin from Hertfordshire and a trainee

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roisinreid

Reaction score
So I do distance learning on my theory and work on practical skills with the electricians in my work place once a month and with my dad an electrician at weekends. I find the distance learning really a bit lonely as I can't connect with electricians outside work or my family or anybody else training.

I have under supervision fitted some emergency lighting, wired sockets and the maintenance team at work are really great helping me learn, let me ask questions, let me get involved in problem solving.

I'm 29 so a bit of an older trainee, I have mainly worked in buying for a retailer and now look after purchasing within that same retailer.

Good to see younger people keen to learn about electrical work, so good for you. I'm 60 years old and have worked as an electrician since I was 16 and did a 4 year apprenticeship in a power station.
Over the years I've worked at nearly all types of electrical work for many varied businesses and almost became a teacher at an electrical training school, but somebody else pipped me to the post.
Ask lots of questions and plenty will answer you. I know well enough that lots of things don't make sense until somebody explains it in a different way.
If you're stuck with anything, ask, I'm always happy to help and explain stuff.