Hia guys shower problem, probably not electrical

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a triton opal 10.5kw electric shower installed. Over the last few days the temperature has been fluctuating radically between carribean temperatures and arctic cold without me turning the temp dial. I am thinking its either the heater which needs to be replaced or the PCB. Not had this problem before so any help or wisdom gladly sought.

Andy Guiness Drink

Water pressure constant? Our shower at college used to do these things with changes in pressure. The effect was reproducible by flushing the toilet but you didn't really notice the change in the water pressure out of the shower

Does that make a word of sense?

Water pressure constant? Our shower at college used to do these things with changes in pressure. The effect was reproducible by flushing the toilet but you didn't really notice the change in the water pressure out of the showerDoes that make a word of sense?
When we use our shower we cant:

Flush the toilet,

Turn any taps on,

or

Have the washing machine on.

Otherwise you end up dancing in the shower to avoid the hot then cold water. :D

When I installed this unit apache, I was hoping for a monsoon for a shower, but no I get light drizzle between sunny periods on a Sunday afternoon :_| AndyGuiness Drink
What sort of heating you got? If you've got a hot water cylinder put a proper power shower in!

You won't regret it

:D

Hi all, I have a triton opal 10.5kw electric shower installed. Over the last few days the temperature has been fluctuating radically between carribean temperatures and arctic cold without me turning the temp dial. I am thinking its either the heater which needs to be replaced or the PCB. Not had this problem before so any help or wisdom gladly sought.Andy Guiness Drink
How old is it?

We had similar symptoms on a Triton...

still in warantee... twas the PCB going AWOL..

Mr triton eng came & replaced it FOC!!! :) :DApplaud Smiley

Combi boiler Apache, Taking advice on here and am thinking of just replacing it, otherwise a shedload of alterations/making good needed.AndyGuiness Drink
fair enough. Combi's and good showers don't tend to go hand in hand!

Mira make good showers I understand - maybe try a different make?

Admin has some clever software that analyses your posts. If they are upto scratch it can even assign you 'Electrician' status - but only if you write long technical posts and constantly quote regs.........

Its about 4 years old spec? and who needs their medication as someone in here has made me a senior member? :p AndyGuiness Drink
have you been on the Triton spares website to see how much a new PCB costs..

last one I looked at was

Admin has some clever software that analyses your posts. If they are upto scratch it can even assign you 'Electrician' status -but only if you write long technical posts and constantly quote regs.........
No Apache that can only be changed by Admin or myself. :D

No Apache that can only be changed by Admin or myself. :D
I know that! Was just leg pulling. You're no fun tonight ;) Why not change a few peoples status for fun? - ah go on, it's christmas

you can have the chocolate out of my advent calander :D

I know that! Was just leg pulling. You're no fun tonight ;) Why not change a few peoples status for fun? - ah go on, it's christmasyou can have the chocolate out of my advent calander :D
Rename Apache as "Resident Santa Clause Vet" until Dec 31!

:p :xGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

cant see me ever getting an upgrade,i dont know 100 things to post , :)