High and low voltage 3 phase system

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see from your details younare in Israel
Is Israeli electric system the same as ours?
3 phase 230v to N
230 to earth
415 phase to phase

I know USA has some weird split phase. Hi leg, Lo leg malarkey of which I know nothing and care even less
Exactly the same

When i said disconnected and tested the neutral i meant testing straight from the meter tails just disconnected so as to totally isolate the neutral from the system and see if it still read 230 (it did so it doesn't seem to be an issue from the power company side)
If the neutral is faulty, everything will SEEM fine until you apply a load. You would get 230 with everything disconnected You need to do a loop test from each phase to neutral and see what you get. If not about 0.2 or 0.3 you have a supply neutral fault.

Turn on the "faulty" circuit. Now go and measure all the phase to phase voltages and phase to neutral voltages at the board cutout and post back what you get. If the readings are not normal at the cutout, then it is obviously a problem with the supply..

I do not understand what you mean about the current running between two phases.. If you had that, the voltage across the load would be 415 or thereabouts, instantly destroying the load..

john..