Home Garage roller shutter door

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David R Connell

Reaction score
Has anyone had the experience of replacing a roller shutter door controller?

I wondered if, the motor limits, etc. had all been set with the original controller, swapping for a different or replacement would be straightforward?

Currently, the controller is a Rollertek V5 which has gone out of production.

Thinking of using a Neco rollermatic controller.

Has anyone had the experience of replacing a roller shutter door controller?

I wondered if, the motor limits, etc. had all been set with the original controller, swapping for a different or replacement would be straightforward?

Currently, the controller is a Rollertek V5 which has gone out of production.

Thinking of using a Neco Rollermatic controller.

I would look at repairing the existing controller.  They are not normally anything complicated like variable speed drives so chances are it's a relay or contactor failed.

The output from the transformer has become unstable LED's not working correctly can't fit a PEC instead of safety edge.

Sadly I did they sent me a faulty part.

So,  I think the best bet in the long run will be, to exchange the controller (the Neco looks identicle) and connect like for like and see what happens.  Thanks for your reply

The output from the transformer has become unstable LED's not working correctly can't fit a PEC instead of safety edge.

and now you include vital details, like a safety edge (and there should also be a photocell)... how about the full story instead of little parts? to get it working you need specific parts, that will work with each other, swap one and the rest may not work. i did also wonder where my original post went but it looks like youve posted the same thing multiple times too...

I have never met any issues with the motor, but I made a mistake a long time ago when I installed my roller, I used to have a simple key lock too, just to ensure myself nobody will try to violate my door when I am on vacation, well, this key locker got my some head ache when I stuck my key in it, and I couldn't find anything better then trying to force open this locker, and I have spinned it way to hard, the key broke and stuck, and the cilinder was broken too. Well it took me 2 hours and 150 pounds to fix it, gladly the locksmith croydon was not too far from me

Last edited:
I have never met any issues with the motor, but I made a mistake a long time ago when I installed my roller, I used to have a simple key lock too, just to ensure myself nobody will try to violate my door when I am on vacation, well, this key locker got my some head ache when I stuck my key in it, and I couldn't find anything better then trying to force open this locker, and I have spinned it way to hard, the key broke and stuck, and the cilinder was broken too. Well it took me 2 hours and 150 pounds to fix it, gladly the locksmith was not too far from me

not a very good spammer, you forgot the link to whatever crap youre supposed to be advertising

you judge a book by its cover
What else is there to go on?

Let us look at your post.

1) You dig up a post that is well over a year old.

2) Your post goes on all about YOU, what YOU did, what happened to YOU, how much YOU spent

3) Your post being all about you, adds no value to anything, it does not help the OP, or anyone else in any way what so ever.

Hi Guys I just noticed this today, being the original poster and at that time very new to this group and, in a bind and pannicky at that time I made some mistakes with posting.
So, just to end this problem with my roller shutter garage door.
I got a Neco controller from a very helpful and knowledgeable Neco supplier, fitted it and a photocell, removed the original sfety edge, and it all worked and in fact is working over a year on now, perfectly (so far).
Being criticised (Andi) would not have helped at that time.
I was looking for help from someone who actually knew what they were talking about re. roller shutter door control.
Plus I had just joined this group.

The trouble with an Internet forum is that the users can only go on what information is available to them at the time. I for one can reassure you that @Andy™ is most knowledgable with roller shutter doors and has offered me assistance with one that I came across.
The other issue with internet and it is seen time and time again is that the written word is completely open to personal interpretation and often speaks more about the reader than it does about the poster.

From our perspective as a professional tradesperson it is very difficult to gauge the posters abilities, understanding of the issue they see themselves as as having as more often than not there is a lot more to the issue than what is seen.
So when you are asked for additional information or questioned on your understanding it is not to humiliate or insult it is more often than not to demonstrate that the poster doesn’t have the grasp of understanding as to what is involved. Likelihood is if you were face to face and the same questions or requests are made then offence may not be taken as it is all taken in a different context.

so basically youve removed a safety device. photocells alone simply do not comply with the standard. the only way it would be safe now is if its in deadman and you have to physically hold a button to make it go down (impulse up is usually, but not always, OK). you did get advice from 'someone who actually knew what they were talking about re. roller shutter door control.'. i probably know more about them than a salesman...