Honest Opinion on this flyer.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally prefer people to ring my home number as when I am working I don't want to talk about other jobs unless its an emergency. I then ring them in evening when I get home.Batty
But for most people, if they phone landline and dont get an answer, or sometimes if its just answer phone, they will hang up and call someone else

"for any notifiable works carried out"

"maybe because some work can be done without notification"

I did mention notifiable.

"and if it was to be notified, maybe he has included this in his price for the work and he will notify LABC."

So Mrs jones has two quotes for a board change. One is

"for any notifiable works carried out""maybe because some work can be done without notification"

I did mention notifiable.

"and if it was to be notified, maybe he has included this in his price for the work and he will notify LABC."

So Mrs jones has two quotes for a board change. One is

ok, ive now got myself a local number, all on the website and flyer.

This is the new updated on with the adjustments made.

Flyersmall-1.jpg

Much better
i agree, i feel much better about it now!

i tried sipgate and i was having too many setup problems so i went with voipfone in the end. so far im extremely impressed with what they offer for

What is all this about Sipgate and voipfone ? And going back to using the mobile number, after a quick check I see that 98% of my business calls come into my mobile ?
sipgate etc are internet phone providers. you can get a standard 01/02 number with them, which can be local to your area (i.e i have a 0191 number with sipgate). most people call my mobile, but there are some who will only deal with a landline number - kinda proves to them your genuine and wont just change mobile number after youve ripped off a few people

0845 is a local rate form anywhere. although a little more expensive than a true local rate, and not included in free minutes from mobiles
Thanks Andy , But it does not indicate the actual locality or area of base or office of the business so why is it more acceptable than a mobile ? My phone no. beginning 0121 indicates its in the Midlands where 0845 indicates nothing .

sipgate etc are internet phone providers. you can get a standard 01/02 number with them, which can be local to your area (i.e i have a 0191 number with sipgate). most people call my mobile, but there are some who will only deal with a landline number - kinda proves to them your genuine and wont just change mobile number after youve ripped off a few people
Thanks for that too !

Thanks Andy , But it does not indicate the actual locality or area of base or office of the business so why is it more acceptable than a mobile ? My phone no. beginning 0121 indicates its in the Midlands where 0845 indicates nothing .
0845/0870/0800 are non-geographical numbers - they can be to anywhere. 0/102 numbers are graphical, so 0121 is midlands, 0191 is tyne & wear etc

i think some people may see an 08 number stand out a bit more, and that they mean business more than someone with just 01/02 number (same as people see 01/02 numbers as better than mobile), but the main advantage of an 01/02 number is it shows customer that you are local to them.

there is no way i would be getting an 0845/0870 number. possibly a 0800 number to go along side the 0191 number, but not to replace it

Its interesting Andy , how or why a would be customer chooses a company. The Yellow Pages woman thought people either look at the big half pagers and not the one liners and also choose from the start of the alphabet so Zeus Electrical would'nt get a look in.

I'm not convinced the mobile is a no-no, its the first contact , then they would have your full address/ office or home number on the quotation.

Everyone is different, so you need to go with what will reach the most customers (obviously cant please everyone). most people phone my mobile first, others phone landline (if they have more free minutes to landline rather than mobile etc). some will phone mobile, but check there is a landline number advertised! some people like an 0800 number (generally older people who dont have mobiles - since its a free call to them),

i usually avoid anyone with an 08 number unless they also advertise or give me a 01/02 (look in electric fix catalogue - has their 01 number advertised as 'mobile friendly' in the first few pages)

for yellow pages, many people start at beginning of section working their way though - even with a company starting with 'C', its still a few pages in. other will skip to section and start reading from first page they get to (i.e if they look and see electricians start page 732, they might open and skip to 740, and start from there rather than back to 732).

Getting all contact details etc set to the majority of people is hard!