How a foreigner can get C&G qualifications in UK

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rafaelsaraiva

Reaction score
Hi ppl, I'll move to London soon, I have some years of experience as electrician in Portugal but I am a bit worried because I don't know wether I can get C&G 17th edition in UK or not, anyone knows how to get it?

Thanks for ur help.

Not sure Mate.Any idea, Chaps?
That has to be worth a scooby snap for that reply :^O :^O:^O

Sorry mate but the beers are going down nicely at the mo

]:)

Hi ppl, I'll move to London soon, I have some years of experience as electrician in Portugal but I am a bit worried because I don't know wether I can get C&G 17th edition in UK or not, anyone knows how to get it?Thanks for ur help.
Hi raf... welcome to the forum..

Not sure m8?

have you tried contacting C&G themselves?

I did a quick search & they have a web site..

which also has international links?

http://www.cityandguilds.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-88936CE7-E598C8FF/cgonline/hs.xsl/CentreSearchResults.html?fCountrySearch=true&PARTGROUP=City+%26+Guilds&fQualificationID=2360&fQualificationType=Vocational&fQualificationName=Electrical+Installation+%28Old+programme%29&fQualificationLevel=&fCountry=Portugal

as said I have no personal experience but the C&G staff may be able to point you in the right direction??

http://www.cityandguilds.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-88936CE7-E598C8FF/cgonline/hs.xsl/9778.html

you may be able to get your qualifications verified to a UK standard,

you deffo wont just get a swap to a C&G certificate without doing the C&G exam, but if your papers are up to date you may either be offered a short course, 1day, or a letter of equivalency(which isnt worth jack TBH).

I have a few european exams and in the end its down to actually doing the C&G papers,

and of course you will also need a UK health and safety exam too.

do you have a current IOSH.?

Hi ppl, thank u for ur help, I'll have a look at C&G website and contact them again, because I contacted them once but it seemed to me that the lady doesn't really know what was talking about... Sorry my ignorance, but what is IOSH?

Cheers mates

And by the way, can u tell me wether is it possible for me to take these exams? (C&G and Health and Safety) and how?

Thanks one more time :8}

IOSH is a worldwide H&S exam(health and safety), you may already have it, its used in dozens(100's?) of countries.

check out ECS (electrotechnical certification scheme) website, and city and guilds website is best bet,

I would think regardless of what you have you will have to sit and pass the 17th mate.

Just contact a college in London or even call NICEIC? Their course are expensive, you will get cheaper if you go direct to a college :)

I am from portugal as well (Lisboa)and took C&G2381,2391, bit difficult but worth it ...