How do you buy?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as far as im aware only the panels need to be MCS approved, as well as the installer of course.

inverters have to be G83 if under 16A per phase ( i could have the G number confused as i get the under 16a and over 16a number confused.

The G83 / G59 spec is the DNO regs for connection of SSEGs to the grid. Nothing to do with the MCS certification; though that spec. DOES make reference to certain components of the inverter.

ALL components of the system must be MCS approved, including supplier & installer.

KME (MCS approved installer ;) [and had my certificate to say so today - still waiting for my NIC renewal from November!!!]

KME,

Have found a local supplier for kits, good deals to be done, and some of the other installers say they are very cheap!

Sorry Mark, not linked with you!

Also a possible customer for you (us) too, will probably know more over the weekend.

Not too far from my place...

KME,Have found a local supplier for kits, good deals to be done, and some of the other installers say they are very cheap!

Sorry Mark, not linked with you!

Also a possible customer for you (us) too, will probably know more over the weekend.

Not too far from my place...
Hi Mate, appology accepted:)

We (not me directly but my location) are looking to do seperate items and make up kits as requested using the best available units, this means best in class at best prices available. The stock holding will run into the tens of thousends but this does mean availability will be good.

They have already sold and quoted some fair sized jobs, of course all the items are supplied by mcs approved manufactures.

So far i have only taken in testers that relate and they can be found here

Thank you to everyone who has replied:Salute:worship

The G83 / G59 spec is the DNO regs for connection of SSEGs to the grid. Nothing to do with the MCS certification; though that spec. DOES make reference to certain components of the inverter.ALL components of the system must be MCS approved, including supplier & installer.

KME (MCS approved installer ;) [and had my certificate to say so today - still waiting for my NIC renewal from November!!!]
i have only seen panels carrying MCS approval, no other components.

i have only seen panels carrying MCS approval, no other components.
I was with a major supplier today who assured me that only the panels needed to be MCS approved in terms of equipment, the inverters are as you pointed out in your earlier thread.

I have done a load of research and although really close to having all in place I still have much more to reasearch, In the end it may be I do the testers, connectors, meters and tools (crimper, ringer etc) and possible the DC Isolators.

Hi Steptoe,

The 94374 can terminate MC3 as well as MC4 and the tooling in the kit is different.

MC3 connectors are fast being superceeded by the 4's.

Cheers