How popular is PV?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesaboogieman

Reaction score
Hi all, Just passed my inspection to join NICEIC, my main motivation being able to do solar PV. Hoping to build up to 2 or 3 installs a month at least.

However after talking to many people there always seems to be an excuse for not installing it. In your experience, is there a worthwhile amount of demand out there? as it seems very difficult to gauge.

I have been doing alot of research on this matter and it does look like there is a big demand at the moment. I'm booked in to do the installation course at the end of the month then got a job lined up for my napit mcs inspection. I have been chatting to a fella I met that does pv only and going by what he says it's booming. I'm sure once you get a few installs under your belt word will spread and with some intensive advertising it will be well worth it.

The interest, and therefore demand is out there, biggest problem is getting through MCS hurdle - they need full documantation control procedures which are totally inappropiate to small businesses. Like everything there will be a flash-in-the-pan side to the business, but as entry is difficult to achieve, then work should be good for those who bother.

Got an event at my local John Cribbs next Wednesday hosted by Dimplex about their PV so going along to have a look.