How to fit a conservatory fan ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norv

Reaction score
C'mon then lads and lasses, how am I supposed to fit a fan/light to a conservatory roof. Took down about a foot square of plastic to find an inch square of metal with a small threaded hole in the middle ? Got to go back next week to 2nd fix. Customer says he's bought the fan but the builders got it.

Hopefully the fan is compatible with the conservatory............. ;)

C'mon then lads and lasses, how am I supposed to fit a fan/light to a conservatory roof. Took down about a foot square of plastic to find an inch square of metal with a small threaded hole in the middle ? Got to go back next week to 2nd fix. Customer says he's bought the fan but the builders got it.Hopefully the fan is compatible with the conservatory............. ;)
No more nails? :|

Nah - superglue`ll be better :) Seriously, I`ve seen a thingie for doing just this - just can`t remember where! I`ll get back to you when I`ve had a thunk. :)
bluetak as it means it is easier to remove when you move house ;) :^O

When i fit these i normally ask the fitters to slide a piece of timber into the channel on the ridge section before they fit the plastic trim,works fine. ;)

Connie fitters would normally pull a 3 core thro for the fan on a new install then you just drill and screw into the metal, sounds easy but is a right royal pain in the posterior to do! Make sure the fan has a long enough drop if the connie has an apex!

Cannot find site where I saw this doofus:( sorry!

Nice healthy self-tapper & thick washer, would be my approach, if I didn`t have a "doofer" (which I don`t:_|).

ROTFL@blutak

I`d also be checking for a "drop-bar", dependant on the size and shape of the conservatory roof.

Sorry couldn`t be more help. You could always attach it to a skyhook; or feed it with SWA, and tether it to the armour? That might work] :) .

just use a sky hook and while your looking for that go to your van for a long weight :^O :^O:^O:^O

A friend of mine owns a boat company in Thailand,

Just finished building this catamaran.

1" marine ply shell,coated in fibreglass.Just painted-Nice.

went in the next day to check paint dried ok. Found 12 6" nails sticking through the hull.

Went inside found a Thai worker had nailed the shelves up inside.

Talk about going mad!!!!

Froom then on every morning he had to check tool boxes for nails and screws.

Heheheheheh.

Oh, dear:(

I suggest he thai`s a thorther nail nexth time. :D

(got to look on the "funny side" - else you`ll just give up altogether.)

And if it hasn`t got a funny side............Make one.

n.b. Isn`t the "tartan paint", the stuff you open with the "glass hammer"???????

Making sure that the glass washer hasn`t fallen off, of course.

(don`t mind me - I`ve got an alcohol shortage in me brain - I don`t drink the stuff on mondays, and it makes me a bit odder than usual!)